Felix Pennies and 14k

Nice catch boss!

Thanks Zee... only my wife is allowed to call me boss :laughing:

Congrats on the 14K ring! Sweet find! :cool3:

Thanks Princess...

Nice job, that ring is pretty sweet!

Thanks Sand... I was happy to see it once the sifter I dumped it into cleared out and left it sitting among the gravel..

WTG Craig. Nothing like a terrible hunt ending in gold.

Was hoping for SW winds Frank... we got to the beach and it was out of the east... I knew the tide wouldn't go out and it didn't.. but it went down enough to work the trough.. a lot of coin targets surprised me... the beaver tails didn't... they were mainly in the wash where I started hunting but moved out as the tide started to go down.. the ring was in the bottom of trough sitting a half inch in the hard pan just used the tip of scoop to scoop it off bottom :lol:

I really think one day we should have a FELIX day.... where we all take our pennies that look like that and ship them to him.:laughing:

Nice one .... anything in that 5 gram range at 14k gets you excited hearing it bounce around in the scoop.

Congrats on the ring Craig. But....those pennies are sweet:D ( Will be seeing you soon. I'll be bringing the RTG scoop, as I don't know how the Carbon Fiber handle will hold up in the rock's. Also, the 720i is probably too big for the rock's)

I really think one day we should have a FELIX day.... where we all take our pennies that look like that and ship them to him.:laughing:

Nice one .... anything in that 5 gram range at 14k gets you excited hearing it bounce around in the scoop.

Nothing was bouncing around in my scoop unless gravel and mud can bounce.. first saw it in the sifter after the water cleared.. was a nice sight :)

With the recent titanium and stainless rings I had to pick it up to know I had a good one ;)

As to Felix.. I'm in.. I have his address :lol:

Congrats on the ring Craig. But....those pennies are sweet:D ( Will be seeing you soon. I'll be bringing the RTG scoop, as I don't know how the Carbon Fiber handle will hold up in the rock's. Also, the 720i is probably too big for the rock's)

Ok Curt.. try and plan on coming down on a good tide and not something a plus 1 :lol: water at 39 is cold when it breeches the waders or my hands like it did yesterday :lol:

Beautiful gold band Craig- congrats!! I love any gold band but, especially, ones with decorative edges or other extra features. :yes:

Beautiful gold band Craig- congrats!! I love any gold band but, especially, ones with decorative edges or other extra features. :yes:

Thanks George.. I see melt weight :lol: now an old time ring that has beauty.. love the old signets..

Like the gold band Craig, they should outlaw felix pennies.

Its ok Joe... we didn't hunt one of my old spots instead I wanted to try and regular stop for others.. but I have done well in the past there.. I was telling Mark that the one time I took the wife with me to the beach as she wanted to see what the hobby was all about.. I found a trough and after 45 minutes had 3 gold rings in the pouch.. she said you have 3 lets go I'm bored.. I took her home and was going to go back the next tide cycle.. wouldn't you know it the next low came and the trough was filled in.. I promised myself I would never take her again and I haven't :D

I can not hear worth a darn so if my Xcal says there is a target there that is not iron or steel or a bottle cap I dig it. I wind up with a lot of those danged felix pennies. I bring them home and run them thru the tumbler. If they look like they will go thru the coin counter at my credit union I keep them until I get a few pounds of them. The ones that look even worse get taken to the circular file.

So far the coin counter at my credit union has accepted in excess of 15,000 of them. I am old and retired so I have plenty of time to mess with them.

I can not hear worth a darn so if my Xcal says there is a target there that is not iron or steel or a bottle cap I dig it. I wind up with a lot of those danged felix pennies. I bring them home and run them thru the tumbler. If they look like they will go thru the coin counter at my credit union I keep them until I get a few pounds of them. The ones that look even worse get taken to the circular file.

So far the coin counter at my credit union has accepted in excess of 15,000 of them. I am old and retired so I have plenty of time to mess with them.

If you had skullies you would hear.. putting them on is like going to a rock concert and sitting right in front of the speakers :lol:

Back
Top Bottom