Fisher F75+ SE vs Fisher F75 LTD SE

Digger_Jim

Hi to all! I am new to this forum but not detecting and have been in the hobby since 1974. For the past decade or so I've been using the Fisher CZ5 as my main hunting machine. I haven't had much luck in the relic, coin finds for a long time even after getting the unit refurbished last year. So... I decided to get a new detector to see if I could start find things again. I saw this Fisher F75 Ltd SE for sale and waited a couple days to order it. I did the search and ordered the detector, only I ordered the wrong detector. I ordered the Fisher F75+ SE by accident. Now is it me or am I not seeing any difference in the two detectors?

Welcome to the forum..There is no performance or settings difference between the F75ltd and the F75+........But with the F75+ you get a free refurbish coupon and a 2 year transferable warranty,neither comes with any F75 Except the F75+..
The refurbish coupon is a great thing to have and to my knowledge no other company has ever issued one with any machine.And the 2 year transferable warranty on top of your 5 year warranty gives you 7 years of warranty for the original owner,also unheard of from any other manufacturer.
You got a good one,the F75+,I also have one..When I compared it toothers in its price range it was the only one that I could honestly check all boxes in what I wanted.
Deep
Fast seperation
Backlight that works
Trigger pinpoint
Big readable screen
Best ergonomics of any machine
Battery life seems to last forever
Coil selection is huge
Finds high conductors just as good as low conductors
Lots of Different search modes
Fe readout
Depth meter is spot on accurate
It looks cool and is American made.Hope you get your money’s worth out of it,and I think your finds are gonna show you made a great Choice.I like running 3h tones cause it gives the nickels a hightone and makes them stand out,I use de mode mostly with sens cranked to 99 and it’s very quite until it hits a target not discriminated out.Bp mode is deep but requires a slower swing,I use it mostly to check iffy targets.

Last edited:
Okay thanks, I kind of thought so... but I was quite worried at first when I made the mistake.

WoodButcher

I thought i read that there was a difference between both machines mentioned, i had two standards , now F75se upgraded with DST, i thought i saw that the F75+ doesn't have the cache mode , that's why it"s a tad cheaper, another thing my machine used to be over a thousand clams, now in the 600s :shock:, a great machine for anyone starting out, i allway's considered the F75Se to be a high end machine, keeing mine, a boat load of coils - lower rod's to boot, the F75ltd2 is a bargain price, great machine with a 5 year warrenty, at the beach now hoping for the Manta to come out, happy hunting, Earl

I thought i read that there was a difference between both machines mentioned, i had two standards , now F75se upgraded with DST, i thought i saw that the F75+ doesn't have the cache mode , that's why it"s a tad cheaper, another thing my machine used to be over a thousand clams, now in the 600s :shock:, a great machine for anyone starting out, i allway's considered the F75Se to be a high end machine, keeing mine, a boat load of coils - lower rod's to boot, the F75ltd2 is a bargain price, great machine with a 5 year warrenty, at the beach now hoping for the Manta to come out, happy hunting, Earl

The f75+ has boost mode and cache mode,it’s the same machine as the f75ltd.

Wood

I never ha a F75+ , answer this , if it was the exact same machine than why the price difference between the F75ltd2 :?: Mr. ATPRO I am checking with someone else that will know , waiting for him to get back to me, stand by , you could be Wrong. I personaly never owned a + , but there must be a difference that make's the price difference.

I never ha a F75+ , answer this , if it was the exact same machine than why the price difference between the F75ltd2 :?: Mr. ATPRO I am checking with someone else that will know , waiting for him to get back to me, stand by , you could be Wrong. I personaly never owned a + , but there must be a difference that make's the price difference.

I have a f75+ Earl,and have owned a f75ltd,,that’s how I know I’m right.As for the price difference,Fisher is probably coming out with new machines and making room..speculation on my thoughts tho..One thing for sure,it’s the best deal in its price point,so why all the hostility?

Attachments

• 62600949-DC76-4C92-9274-6A385C8D3F73.jpeg
    62600949-DC76-4C92-9274-6A385C8D3F73.jpeg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,083
Ok Wood

I thought you had a F70 before , not a LTD , show me the face pick in Cache mod on , than ill believe you, i think if the machines were the same , the price would be the same , in my opinion. UNLESS the accessories are different , which they might be, did your plus come with the little 5 inch coil ?

I thought you had a F70 before , not a LTD , show me the face pick in Cache mod on , than ill believe you, i think if the machines were the same , the price would be the same , in my opinion. UNLESS the accessories are different , which they might be, did your plus come with the little 5 inch coil ?

The f75+ comes with a f pulse pinpointer and a new lesch which in my opinion is worth more than a 5 inch coil dollar value.....And the free refurbish coupon and a 2 year transfer warranty,I would never buy a f75ltd again for those reasons,,the f75+ is the better deal.
As for the cache mode,check with your buddy Earl if you need to.Yes I own a f70 and have owned a few f75ltd machines as well.

Some folks may be reading here and could be mislead.

The exact same designation f75 LTD or F75 SE or even F75 LTD Se were used.
Depending they may not be the same.

Older detectors made carried these same destinations and were different.
These older detectors had no DST feature and had no fast audio feature.

These older detectors that carried the above designations could indeed be upgraded to indeed have DST and the fast audio feature. No decals were used to indicate the units were upgraded and model designation remained unchanged.

So when buying used be careful.
Always asked when buying used does detector have fast audio and does it have dst. And ask if unit has boost feature (bp process).
If you don’t you indeed may get a surprise when your new to you detector arrives.

I wished Fisher would have done different than they did here with their unit designations.
Oh well.

Now in the USA I think new detector purchases from actual dealers, purchasers likely are safe as far as NOT winding up with one of the actual older but non updated models.

Some folks may be reading here and could be mislead.

The exact same designation f75 LTD or F75 SE or even F75 LTD Se were used.
Depending they may not be the same.

Older detectors made carried these same destinations and were different.
These older detectors had no DST feature and had no fast audio feature.

These older detectors that carried the above designations could indeed be upgraded to indeed have DST and the fast audio feature. No decals were used to indicate the units were upgraded and model designation remained unchanged.

So when buying used be careful.
Always asked when buying used does detector have fast audio and does it have dst. And ask if unit has boost feature (bp process).
If you don’t you indeed may get a surprise when your new to you detector arrives.

I wished Fisher would have done different than they did here with their unit designations.
Oh well.

Now in the USA I think new detector purchases from actual dealers, purchasers likely are safe as far as NOT winding up with one of the actual older but non updated models.

Tnsharpshooter is correct..Wether you have a regular f75 or a f75ltd or even a f75se the easiest way to tell if it has dst (digital shield technology) is this,if it has FA mode it has the dst,if it don’t have FA mode then it does not.The FA mode was added with the latest dst software,so if you have it then you have the latest software.
For what it’s worth,I rarely ever use boost process or FA mode and would have no need for cache mode.And if the f75+ wouldn’t have been such a good deal with the pinpointer and transferable warranty I would have just got a regular f75 and it still has the FA mode with dst,just not boost process or cache mode.

Ya agree

Fisher did so many thing's it is confusing, mine was an F75 se sent in for the upgrade dst & fa modes added, Se the same as the ltd, than this + , Wood the 5 inch coil is great, i hit the schools, strips pulling 9-10 inch dimes all day, maybe they should have just F80, F85, but i hated when the Omega 8000 went from V4, to V5, to V6, had a V4 it made the resale value drop sharply , Earl

Fisher did so many thing's it is confusing, mine was an F75 se sent in for the upgrade dst & fa modes added, Se the same as the ltd, than this + , Wood the 5 inch coil is great, i hit the schools, strips pulling 9-10 inch dimes all day, maybe they should have just F80, F85, but i hated when the Omega 8000 went from V4, to V5, to V6, had a V4 it made the resale value drop sharply , Earl

Agree,, Very confusing,, F75 First Edition, LTD Cammo, Special Edition, New Edition, Upgraded Edition,F75 Black, LTD 2, F75+ ,,, Im sure I missed a few more in there somewhere!? :roll:

M-Scope

Woody might be wright Fisher might be coming out with a new machine, they could use sale's as the way the Equinox sold, been waiting for the Manta to come out, however I think we will be waiting for a while.

Back
Top Bottom