• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Northern Illinois Meeting!

picture.php

and the trash finds.

I really did mean to get more photos but spent too much time talking. There were a few people whose I did not photograph at all. Still, it was great seeing people from previous hunts and meeting new folks. Gemmy and I had a great time.

I netted a whopping 18 cents, 23 pulltabs and a strange piece of brass from the woods (might post the pic later). I must admit, those etracs were sure performing today. Still kicking myself for previously coming within feet of a couple of the silver signals but I'm glad somebody had a productive day. Weather was great. Not too hot but it sure got super windy at times, didn't it?

Glad to meet everybody and I hope we can do it again sometime. :)

Thanks Mike and Gemmy for the invitation to todays hunt, it was good to see you again. And it was nice to put a face and name to some screen names...Josh, Dave, Jeff, Dennis, Fred, and everyone else, it was a pleasure to hang out!

Today ended up being my best silver day ever (4)...I'm totally bewildered because there didn't seem to be a whole bunch of coin signals for anyone. Other than the silver, I found 3 clad dimes, 4 memorials and a 41 wheat.

Since Dixon is almost 2 hours from my home, I probably won't be back there anytime soon, so here's where I had luck finding the 2 Washingtons. They were within a foot of each other, near the base of a pine tree, next to the southern bench, in the center cluster of evergreen trees. There very well could be more in that vicinity, because I couldn't concentrate for nothing after digging those lol!

Looking forward to meeting up with you all again! Here's some pics

Photo06101550.jpg

Photo06101550_1.jpg

010-6.jpg

013-4.jpg

016-4.jpg

Wow Paul, those Merc's cleaned up nice. That 35 is in good shape. Congrats, you had a good day.

We had so much fun! Thanks everyone for all the good conversation and sharing about the hobby, the machines, and techniques. I hope we can meet up again this year.

Thanks everyone, I had a great time! This was my first hunt with other people and though I didn't pull any amazing finds I still had tons of fun.

I didn't find too much either Josh, just one copper penny. To be honest, I was not trying too hard and was having a great time just socializing with everyone. During the entire day I probably spent only 10-15 minutes doing any serious detecting. As Spellingcounts noted, it was really nice talking and comparing notes. I’m glad everyone had a good time and hope we can do this again this summer. I’m actually looking for some new spots so if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Thanks Mike we had a great time. Hated to leave early but my wife was out of town and I had my 4 dogs to take care of. Next time we will throw in on the food. Thanks again for the invite. Let me know about an Amboy hunt. Thanks again!

Had to work, work, work.....or I would have ran over the border to hunt with you guys...and gals. As the lifelong cubbie fan I am.....wait til next year!!!!

Nice silver!

Sounds like a great hunt guys. Wish I could have made it. There's a really nice 1800s park in Warren, IL that is located right along the Stagecoach Trail. Would be nice place closer to Wisconsin to get a group hunt together with the some of the Southern Wisconsin people also!

Back
Top Bottom