Hearing aids with headphones

Dirt Lizard

Elite Member
Is there any forum members here that wear hearing aids with thier head phones while detecting? I would like to get a set but just dont know what brand.

Is there any forum members here that wear hearing aids with thier head phones while detecting? I would like to get a set but just dont know what brand.

I have Killer B's with volume control and they are great.
Lifetime warranty, too.
They make 1 cup and 2 cup styles.
Not sure of any other special needs you would have, but maybe someone will chime in here with more info.

HH

I have a lost of 80% and tried to use headphones and hearing aids but I get too much feedback. I crank up the headphones and leave the aids off

I just ordered a pair of rattlers but I also used a set with volume control and turned off my earing aids or they give feedback when covered but with the volume control you can turn them up so you can hear.

Added 20 Oct I wore my rattlers with my earing aid turned on for 3 hours and it didn't go berserk not even a little bit.

My brother complains all the time about the discomfort with his hearing aids and his cheapos. I let him try my Sunray Gold Pros for about 10 minutes and he seemed to like them. Ten minutes ain't much test time though. Are the Killer B phones even more comfortable? The Golds fit snug yet seemingly comfortable. Seems that it is more of a cup size issue with him. Besides the Killer Bs are a bit cheaper, and he is frugal, but interested now after trying the Golds. Martin

My brother complains all the time about the discomfort with his hearing aids and his cheapos. I let him try my Sunray Gold Pros for about 10 minutes and he seemed to like them. Ten minutes ain't much test time though. Are the Killer B phones even more comfortable? The Golds fit snug yet seemingly comfortable. Seems that it is more of a cup size issue with him. Besides the Killer Bs are a bit cheaper, and he is frugal, but interested now after trying the Golds. Martin

Well the Sunray Gold Pro headphones were a no go today to eliminate my brother's pain, so if y'all have a best option besides the Golds, I'd appreciate knowing. It's all in the pressure of the cups. The Golds were nice and crisp, but the ergonomics wasn't a winner on pain eliminatiton, all withing a scant hour of time. martin

I wonder if they make any vibrating headphones for hearing impaired or the deaf? Or for that matter, a vibration option on an MD. I know it would be tough to communicate coin differences but the screen ID could make up for it.

I have a lost of 80% and tried to use headphones and hearing aids but I get too much feedback. I crank up the headphones and leave the aids off

Same here . Detector volume on max & headphones with volume controls to adjust.

I wonder if they make any vibrating headphones for hearing impaired or the deaf? Or for that matter, a vibration option on an MD. I know it would be tough to communicate coin differences but the screen ID could make up for it.

At one time I had a device called Vibra Phone 280 that clipped to the detector and plugged into the headphone jack. It would vibrate when a target was detected. It also had a sensitivity control. Hope this helps you. I lost my hearing to an autoimmune disease and I now have a cochlear implant. I use AccuSound headphones made by DetectorPro. If you have BTE aids, they work well because of the large ear cups cover them completely.

Back
Top Bottom