One Of Those Days

beephead

Elite Member
I didn't have anything good lined up today detect so I went to a pounded to death old park to see what I could unearth with my CTX with the 6 inch search coil attached. I was targeting nickels and Indian Head pennies. I did manage to get 5 nickels and one them was a 1891 Liberty Head nickel. The closest that I came to a Indian Head penny was a Chucky Cheese token spill and a half corroded zinc penny.

It was 95 degrees and the ground was pretty hard, I didn't last long. Normally I would have stayed at it until I got some silver, but this heat makes detecting not so fun. I sure don't want to burn myself out, so I'm pacing myself until cooler weather gets here. Anything that I get during the hot summer months is just icing on the cake.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_2240.jpg
    IMG_2240.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2242.jpg
    IMG_2242.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 178
Envious of your finds, and the weather.. darn near from the left one out in the field earlier today.. It's spring right? 40'F on the coast.. sigh.

Yes, the heat burns me out too. I stayed home today and did my lawn and weed wacking. Good thing as we had a bad storm around 6:00 PM. Looks like rain again tomorrow. HH and good luck

Back
Top Bottom