Earl, A New Water proof PI for you.

OBN

OldCherryPicker
Forum Supporter
Whites TDI, looks good but still more interest in the New Fisher. But the TDI is proven on land.

Attachments

• 37397759_10212457625466270_2734106383120072704_n.jpg
    37397759_10212457625466270_2734106383120072704_n.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,491
  • 37369684_10212457624586248_2624432567855611904_n.jpg
    37369684_10212457624586248_2624432567855611904_n.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,422
Just a curious thought ....... now that everyone seems to be reducing the size of the hardware and weight of the machine.... IE Nox.... why cant they do away with the knobs and put a PI with buttons on the handle?

Just a curious thought ....... now that everyone seems to be reducing the size of the hardware and weight of the machine.... IE Nox.... why cant they do away with the knobs and put a PI with buttons on the handle?
It's interesting how some of the major players in our hobby are resistant to innovation. I know innovation cost money but staying behind will also cost it customers.

Is somebody doing that conversion?

I have an original TDI that I Ziploc bag for the beach to keep out the salt air.

One big concern is the heat buildup of the main box. Is there a heat sink/dissipator added?

Looks like a TDI SL in a waterproof BHID case.

Does look like the bhid. Knobs are setup differently than both the pro and sl. Depends on the battery I guees to get more info on what's under the hood

Attachments

• 20180720_212617_resized.jpg
    20180720_212617_resized.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 385
It looks like the TDI SL with the same slide in a battery cassette - in the BH ID case. The main difference is the tone selector switch has been eliminated and a volume control has been added.

An issue with the TDI SL has been that it has no voltage regulator and the relatively low amperage battery pack. As battery voltage decreases so does the transmit power of the detector

Whites website advertises it as being suitable for nugget hunting as well – so I wonder if the coil is the same unsinkable 12 inch form factor as On the BH ID 300

It looks like the TDI SL with the same slide in a battery cassette - in the BH ID case. The main difference is the tone selector switch has been eliminated and a volume control has been added.

An issue with the TDI SL has been that it has no voltage regulator and the relatively low amperage battery pack. As battery voltage decreases so does the transmit power of the detector

Whites website advertises it as being suitable for nugget hunting as well – so I wonder if the coil is the same unsinkable 12 inch form factor as On the BH ID 300

Probably so they didn't have to redesign the box. Coil looks like the 12" df coil

A new mechanical design for a waterproof case is something that would cost somewhere between 50 and $100,000 - And quite possibly more if the design after produced a prototype quantities failed testing.

There is nothing to indicate that Whites has the kind of financial strength to undertake anything like that.

A new mechanical design for a waterproof case is something that would cost somewhere between 50 and $100,000 - And quite possibly more if the design after produced a prototype quantities failed testing.

There is nothing to indicate that Whites has the kind of financial strength to undertake anything like that.

Not a bad move by whites. I just loaded up in a few pi machines (all whites) or I would be buying 1. The bhid box has been tried and tested. No point trying to reinvent the wheel

Had they listened to one of there gurus ..... who left the co.... that wanted to do this several years back they would be ahead of the game. He wanted to add disc as well. To me..... if Fisher is on the verge of a strong PI package.... they needed to wooooo us a little more. Ya..... where was all the balloons and confetti? This just barely keeps um in the game.....depending on the price and features of the Fisher.

Lol joe

Latest addition PI detector-Scuba Tector, a toy Scuba doesn't have yet, figure i will have fun in the water , fresh drop's , as far as another PI goes , the Surf Pi DF will do, and i will get the info., from you when- you get- that new Fisher PI coming out , i am good for now , Earl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhvsVS1IAHA Picks- Scuba Tector , with 2 coats of marine epoxy. PS Joe you have to stop water proofing machine's all the guy's are getting jealous :laughing::jawdrop::holycow::secret::excited::goodjob: Howboutit :yes::D:lol: :pirate2: Also , just found out ML Equinox 15 inch coil will not be available till OCT. - Nov. :mad: Wild Catting purchases now from ML, look's like Fisher gets the :gettinmoney: next :mad:

Attachments

• P1000995.JPG
    P1000995.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 329
  • P1000996.JPG
    P1000996.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 317
  • P1000997.JPG
    P1000997.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Latest addition PI detector-Scuba Tector, a toy Scuba doesn't have yet, figure i will have fun in the water , fresh drop's , as far as another PI goes , the Surf Pi DF will do, and i will get the info., from you when- you get- that new Fisher PI coming out , i am good for now , Earl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhvsVS1IAHA Picks- Scuba Tector , with 2 coats of marine epoxy. PS Joe you have to stop water proofing machine's all the guy's are getting jealous :laughing::jawdrop::holycow::secret::excited::goodjob: Howboutit :yes::D:lol:

I want one of those :)

Kapi

Amazon prime 2 day's , they are coming out with a coil cover, who knows when :roll:, i just put 2 coats of marine epoxy on it from Lowes total under 10 buck's , Scuba tector 169.00 , has a rechargeable battery , 1 extra O ring, and charging cable, a couple gold ring's will pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom