3rd Time with Noxy is the Charm! HONK! HONK!! AND ICE, ICE BABY!!!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I used my Equinox for the 3rd time today since getting my WP headphones. My 1st hunt with it on Tuesday scored me a small silver. (1st silver band I've ever found with name and a date written on the inside). Thursday was a wash and today started off and remained slower than the other 2 hunts. Conditions have just been sanded in with very few targets. An hour into the hunt, I get the silver ring and that made me happy. “Well at least I’m not going to skunk today”. Another 30 minutes later I get a sound and press the button on the Nox and it’s a solid “14” (I was hunting in (all-metal). I look in the scoop and :shock: :dingding: . I could not believe with what a crappy, low target hunt I was having how that honker just showed up. (Down slope of an offshore sand bar BTW). There was a local pirate less than 50 yards north of me who ends up coming nearer and we start talking. His name is David and he was also hunting with a ‘Nox but with WP ear buds. He asked me about my thoughts on the Nox and I told him that I’m still learning it but I still prefer my Excal. I showed him my ring and he goes “that’s a nice one”. The only other noteworthy find in my 4 hour hunt was the Triton tungsten at the end. The lack of targets put a lot of stress on the trigger finger issues in my right hand and I would constantly have to stop and flex my hand as I would lose sensation. Going home with gold though makes it all good! :yes:

Attachments

• 7-17-18.jpg
    7-17-18.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 556
  • 7-17-18 Silver Ring.jpg
    7-17-18 Silver Ring.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 564
  • 7-19-18.jpg
    7-19-18.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 564
  • 7-21-18.jpg
    7-21-18.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 582
  • 7-21-18 Rings.jpg
    7-21-18 Rings.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 571
  • 7-21-18 Ring2.jpg
    7-21-18 Ring2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 575
  • 7-21-18 Fits.jpg
    7-21-18 Fits.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 552
Awesome find! I am still waiting for my first gold ring! I have been putting in the time.

:wow: felix they all seem to fit your fingers:laughing: awesome find a strage design must be a custom piece? great recovery :gettinmoney:

Back
Top Bottom