Dig those bottle cap signals! NOX

:dingding: Congrats! Those last gold grills that I found sounded horrible - like a rusty bottle cap and the beach I found them on is full of those too!

Very nice finds.
I was just at the beach yesterday. I must have dug at least 50-60 bottlecaps (and pulltabs):waiting: People here are disgusting - there are garbage cans all along the beach, too. I didn't pick up the hundreds I saw on the surface, either.

Did the caps overload your signal on the Equinox? I found it almost completely silenced the beep on my Mojave if they were shallow enough - I had to raise the coil to get any kind of solid sound, and then it sounded strong and clear, like a tab or a coin. May have had the sensitivity too high.

Nice looking piece of gold there ISA!

R5

I was supposed to go fishing today, but an early morning thunder storm canceled my plans. Instead I did a 'dig all' dry sand hunt to start to clean up one of my local beaches. At least 20 caps and tabs, a couple of dollars in change and a 2018 pendant, junk. Note these beaches are no more than 100 X 20 with the high water. People are PIGS.

BCD

I was supposed to go fishing today, but an early morning thunder storm canceled my plans. Instead I did a 'dig all' dry sand hunt to start to clean up one of my local beaches. At least 20 caps and tabs, a couple of dollars in change and a 2018 pendant, junk. Note these beaches are no more than 100 X 20 with the high water. People are PIGS.

BCD

Thanks for cleaning the beach!!

That's awesome. But gotta say that all the bottle cap signals I've dug have been well, you know... Bottle caps...

Nice gold----soooo we are Really Still at Beep and Dig??

We are if you want this type of payday. Another story very much along these lines. While I was collecting bottle caps today a Chinese man and his son took an interest in my work and asked a few questions. After a few minutes of chatting, the father threw down his large diamond and gold wedding ring. You guessed it. Rang up right at 18. I then dropped a bottle cap and showed him it hitting 17/18 and said... and that is why I dig all these bottle caps.

BCD

I am pretty sure you should be digging bottle caps with any detector.
Just comes down to how much time on the beach you have to how much junk you are willing to dig.

I am pretty sure you should be digging bottle caps with any detector.
Just comes down to how much time on the beach you have to how much junk you are willing to dig.

I almost never dug crowncaps with the CTX. It was great at discing them out. Most detectors love them though, including the new EQX.

Back
Top Bottom