Last six months

Brian

Elite Member
Some of the last half years finds have to be sold so a quick snap shot before they go.

Attachments

• silver3.jpg
    silver3.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 2,286
Hey Brian, Looks like Gold coins and Silver Bars. Find a shipwreck? Forgive me just astonished by such a amazing collection of finds. Hats off to you!.

Cache of silver bars at back, one ounce 22ct Kruggerands below, and Sovereigns at bottom.
Few gold/silver/platinum rings to left most of which have hairline cracks so will go for scrap. Celtic and Roman gold /silver to right.
I've also got about two hundred silver coins dating between the 15th century and 1947 when our coins switched to cupro-nickle plus the normal range of modern Britisn and foreign coins

Great collection...too bad you have to part with it.... :(

Thanks for the pic and best of luck building your tally back up again! Hank 8)

Six months not years mxt.
All the finds are only my share. The ingots (luckily) are all stamped/numbered and not above 40 years old so not Treasure Trove.

Good going mate! You could almost quit your day job at that rate. Cladius.

what day job ? Full time detecting over 18 years now...its harder than you would think and no pension to retire on.

dreamy stuff man :grin:how and what grounds did you come across all these lovely finds,did you put alot of reserch work in before, or was it hunches,top finds man,respect :yes:

The hoard came after a few days of not finding a cache that relatives suspected.
After doing the grounds round the house and going into drains/watertanks etc I tried the old go into the woods where you would be out of site trick. That turned up the hoard (found the cache later). Directly you find a hoard or cache you then get invited to look for others.
Nice thing about declaring a hoard is that the neighbouring farmers instead of refusing detecting permission start ringing up and asking if you will detect their land.
Normally do several hours of research per week and it almost never pays off except in the case of remainders of hoards (hoard found pre metal detectors) where they dug the site but ended up missing coins.

Back
Top Bottom