** Opportunity Nox **

meggie

Elite Member
Today I walked down the steps onto the beach and noticed a very large digger excavating the sand right up against the rock seawall.It appeared the workman were putting in some large pilings for a new beach attraction.They were digging a large area at least 3 feet deep and piling the sand up closeby.I knew if I went near them they wouldn't entertain me so I went off to another beach to wait them out!.
About an hour later I ventured back and they and the digger had gone, but not the piles of sand & large pebbles .. now this looked like "heaven" to me.
Over about 30 minutes I scored quite a few coins including a 1944 florin and then with a solid 9 on the Nox maybe just 3 or 4 inches deep out pops this beauty.A 9ct chain bracelet, weight 15.2 grams.I don't think it has been there too long, perhaps a year or two as there are no signs of verdigris showing!

Getting close to paying off this Badboy!

Attachments

• DSC00480.jpg
    DSC00480.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 674
  • DSC00483.jpg
    DSC00483.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 640
  • DSC00484.jpg
    DSC00484.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 641
Nice bracelet. Just wondering about the nox #s...from you past finds it looks like gold comes in at any number on the chart. Is this correct?

Man! Thats a sweet one there! Good to see you just set a program and got right in the gold immediately with your new NOX...So..pretty easy learning curve?

:dingding: Waiting for that excavated sand was just great! That's seizing an opportunity when it presents itself.

The EQ is sure treating you good buddy. You have an Xcal or CTX? If so will they hit that chain? Ill be testing every small piece of gold i find. I do know it does better on broken rings than the CTX. BUT..... ive also noticed the EQ reacts a little different to targets rotated/not laying flat.

The EQ is sure treating you good buddy. You have an Xcal or CTX? If so will they hit that chain? Ill be testing every small piece of gold i find. I do know it does better on broken rings than the CTX. BUT..... ive also noticed the EQ reacts a little different to targets rotated/not laying flat.

Thanks, I have since done an air test on the chain with my Sovereign GT and it sings OK at about 4 to 5 inches too.

Very nice, always good when someone else does the digging for ya ;)

Seen some beach construction a few times but they usually set up a wide plywood wall perimeter before they start digging. :(

Nice gold chain. Seems like the workmen will be digging a few more of these holes for you. :D Hope they are as productive.

Back
Top Bottom