garrett pinpointer fix

dirtchirp

I saw several videos on how to fix a machine gunning pointer, i have 2 of the foolish things, Each one lasted a year, I followed the videos instructions and could never get the circuit board out of the units, the seemed to be cemented in.Holding the switch down had no effect at all .any help would be appreciated.:?:

I saw several videos on how to fix a machine gunning pointer, i have 2 of the foolish things, Each one lasted a year, I followed the videos instructions and could never get the circuit board out of the units, the seemed to be cemented in.Holding the switch down had no effect at all .any help would be appreciated.:?:

It's not worth the risk of breaking the switch inside if you are having trouble getting the board out which is step1. Just send it in under warranty. Test repairing only one first if you must go into repairman-mode. I'd only do another repair myself if I had one I'd given up on totally. One repair for me was enough.

You'll find out if you do proceed.

I am not sure about fixing them myself as I am not that much of a Techie -

I pulled my GPP apart (about a year old) to try to fix the falsing, however after scratching my head a couple of times I decided to try to get it together & put aside until I could afford to send it back to the USA - That didn't happen as it ended up in a bag in a few pieces :no:

Desperately needing a replacement I purchased a X-Pointer locally and the seller told me to drop in my GPP and he will have a look at it -

After a few days of loving the X-Pointer my GPP turned up in the mail - I was blown away as it was in one piece, it worked & it was polished.

Now that's what I call some damn fine service from the Deteknix re-seller -

As the second poster suggested - Unless you are confident in pulling stuff apart, send it to Garrett for piece of mind

Back
Top Bottom