XPointer Broke

XP-Digger

So I guess I am testing Xpointers customer service. I got the xpointer in Aug and have had no issues. ..... Till Last night. While turning it on I held it up in the air as ususally and at 90 degrees the unit was on if i tuned it upright it shut off?... I have never dug or scrapped with it at all. I baby my toys aswell. So I got home and took the battery out and one of the battery contacts was gone. I am still on the original battery so I have never opened it since aug to place the battery in? well Ill keep ya posted and see how this goes.....
5598f39d2fd92647f747a58a38c0f244.jpg

I RATHER BE DIRTY

The battery connectors are soldered to the board. Some come off. The new models are soldered and have a bolt and nut to keep that from happening again. Once you send it in you'll get a new one with the upgraded connectors. The usual turn around is 7 to 9 days.

Maybe I should start using mine---I bought it for a backup to my Garret PP----If mine dies as quickly as some I read of, I'll be disappointed---But it will be under warranty---

got a new one on its way.. ron from the gold digger metal detectors is the man

I RATHER BE DIRTY

Nothing to worry about. Sent mine back on a Monday and had a brand new one back on Saturday. Best customer service I've experienced anywhere!!

I want to say thank you so much to Ron.. I sent mine in yesterday and Boom new one at my door today.. Amazing service
99bbea022179d0586e0127baa95d8c59.jpg

I RATHER BE DIRTY

Does that mean if I paid an extra $30 for the X-Pointer, mine would go deeper than the ones retailing at $90 or if I was to spend say 127.00 on a pin-pointer, would it come with more features, more accessories & do the job intended without falsing?

Yes we do live in a word of "you get what you pay for" however what makes us different is how we decide on what it is we are paying for -
I have an elderly ex-navy guy living next to me and all his life he has always made his purchases with this in mind - He always buys the most expensive as he believes if you pay the most for an item it MUST be many times better than something else that's cheaper - Ironically he pops over from time to time to borrow items from me because his very expensive tool/gear has shite itself -

Now if we look at the X-Pointer and the very famous/well known other brand, your post seems a little confusing - I,like many people I know would line up to buy a product if it was cheaper, better, comes with free accessories, fantastic after sales support & more importantly a manufacturer who rectifies problems as they occur (i.e. battery connections) - One has to ponder if the other pin pointer manufacturer would have done the same or simply fixed them as customers send them in for repair - who knows?

Deteknix IMO has to be commended for sorting out the issues as they occur -

Does that mean if I paid an extra $30 for the X-Pointer, mine would go deeper than the ones retailing at $90 or if I was to spend say 127.00 on a pin-pointer, would it come with more features, more accessories & do the job intended without falsing?

Yes we do live in a word of "you get what you pay for" however what makes us different is how we decide on what it is we are paying for -
I have an elderly ex-navy guy living next to me and all his life he has always made his purchases with this in mind - He always buys the most expensive as he believes if you pay the most for an item it MUST be many times better than something else that's cheaper - Ironically he pops over from time to time to borrow items from me because his very expensive tool/gear has shite itself -

Now if we look at the X-Pointer and the very famous/well known other brand, your post seems a little confusing - I,like many people I know would line up to buy a product if it was cheaper, better, comes with free accessories, fantastic after sales support & more importantly a manufacturer who rectifies problems as they occur (i.e. battery connections) - One has to ponder if the other pin pointer manufacturer would have done the same or simply fixed them as customers send them in for repair - who knows?

Deteknix IMO has to be commended for sorting out the issues as they occur -

My comment comes from all the praise everyone sang these, and every other day we read about someones xpointer breaking... So they save $40 but have to replace them every 4 months because the connectors break. Unless they have recalled these and fixed the problem, you can more than likely expect the same exact thing to happen again...

My comment comes from all the praise everyone sang these, and every other day we read about someones xpointer breaking... So they save $40 but have to replace them every 4 months because the connectors break. Unless they have recalled these and fixed the problem, you can more than likely expect the same exact thing to happen again...

It's already common knowledge that the battery issue has been redesigned and the new ones being shipped are essentially V2 "if you will". I can't think of any company that had an R&D department that got it 100% right the first time.

Not to mention they overnighted a new pointer to him... we are talking just a couple hours down time... that's HARD to beat.

If they fix it ten times it is still the same ineffective circuitry that does not see all metals effectively. If you are happy with that kind of function then use it and be happy. I have seen where some are using them as a fulcrum to aid prying out stuck finds with their gasket scraper and others have found they also work very effectively as a door stop wedge. When we find a tool that does not work well then we adapt that same tool to other uses so the cost at least is not wasted.:yes:

You seem to make it out to be a bigger problem than it actually is -

I have spoken to the NZ dealer and he has not had one returned with the problem you stated -

However I have noticed that most of the people who have had any issues with their X-Pointer, have had a replacement shipped out within a week, so as I have mentioned before - Their customer support seems to be as good if not better than what you are accustomed too -

Surely you cant grizzle about that -

If they fix it ten times it is still the same ineffective circuitry that does not see all metals effectively. If you are happy with that kind of function then use it and be happy. I have seen where some are using them as a fulcrum to aid prying out stuck finds with their gasket scraper and others have found they also work very effectively as a door stop wedge. When we find a tool that does not work well then we adapt that same tool to other uses so the cost at least is not wasted.:yes:

Its widely noted on this forum and others that you clearly dislike the Deteknix X-Pointer - Great - Don't let it get you all boned up ok - Like you, its just a tool ..............

I haved used all 2 major companies and the X Pointer... best bang for its buck and amazing quality. The service is world class. I sand behind them for value

I RATHER BE DIRTY

Mr Toad, I definitely do not have a dislike for the Xpointer. What I have is a very strong dislike for is the promotion of a product that has proven to have a marginal function. My take is, if you are happy with that performance then use it and be happy but do not try to sell it to an unsuspecting member or others as being the latest and greatest.

Back
Top Bottom