• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

ace 250 shines through!!!....Now with good Pics!!!!!

paluch545

OK guys and gals, I will post this link...... http://scoan.oldnote.org/types.html

I found today a coin that dates 1780!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In my father in-laws wood lot. It has a small hole drilled in the top. It is in great condition!!!! I will post actual pics of it later.....camera batteries are dead 
I cannot belive I even found this!!!! It registered as a dime @ 8"
It was probably really at about 6-7" solid hit. I am still shaking!!!!! LOL sorry for the crazy typing...I am just toooooo excited!!!!! oh yea..the link...the pic of the coin on the link is excatly the coin that I found...the coin on the link is in a bit better shape than mine though, but mine is close. HH to all.
reale2_1.jpg

reale1.jpg

reale4.jpg

reale3.jpg

andy

Re: ace 250 shines through!!!

WOW! Congrats on a very impressive find. I have yet to find a coin that breaks the 1700 barrier. WTG.

Nice find, well done with the ACE :yes:

Was this with the standard 9" coil ?

That is very, very awesome Paluch. I know exactly how you felt when I found my 1787 Connecticut copper too. Great feeling isn't it? I haven't even found any regular old coins yet aside from my 1945 wartime nickel and similar. Yet there she was in my parents backyard, waiting for the last 36 years for me to pluck it up. Great job! Go get some more!

That's awsome. Another plus for ACE. It's a great little machine, ain't it? WTG

Amazing find! and great link too. Congrads (go see if there's more)

thanks for all the positive comments!!! I am still trying to get a good close-up pic....i am having trouble getting a clear closeup, any advise?

That's an awesome find, Paluch545. Can't wait to see the picture of the one you found. Wanna use my camera battery charger? :lol:
Oh... here's what it looks like when it's in terrible shape:

hi Krom!!, I am getting an error when I try to click on the pic link:( am I doing something wrong, or is it still the update of the board?

paluch545 said:
hi Krom!!,  I am getting an error when I try to click on the pic link:(  am I doing something wrong, or is it still the update of the board?

It's not just you, I'm getting the error also.  :?: Maybe it's just you and me! Or maybe it's just me and you're in on the conspiracy! :shock: Oops, where did I put that medication?

Thats a choice find Paluch, also yours krom, I have arrowheads that old, but nothing in the line of cad, It's a beauty. smg

Congrats. That's an excellent find. Did you think you'd find something like that on your in laws lot. WOW! You never know until you look. :grin:

You might have to take it out of the flip to get a decent shot.
Along with macro mode, sometimes bright natural lighting will produce a better image than with flash.
I prefer to scan my coins usually, they come out uniformly better.

If you do need to use flash, try masking it with a white handkerchief, or something similar

Thats a beauty, I don't think there were even people here where I am at in 1780, Native Americans, but no pale faces, yet.
Good find, smg

Back
Top Bottom