what do you dig with

I use my e-tool from when i was in the millitary and small hand digger. For those of you that dont know what an e-tool is it a folding shovel.

First of all, I appreciate your service, I too am prior military and I will also be using the E-tool as my big digger with a True Temper (trowel type) digger.

Digging

For parks and public areas and anywhere around people, an entrenching tool/shovel will cause you grief. It's probably not bad for relic hunting in the woods or in a farmers field. Permission to detect someones Yard carrying any kind of shovel will likely get you run off. I and most use a garden knife, I use a Fiskars big grip from, Home Depot that can also be bought at Walmart. it cost right in the $10 range. They make many different kind look up garden knife at Amazon.com. Many MDers are fond of a $35 to $40 called a Lesche digger, But they are all pretty much the same and range from -$10 and up. Actually (and I hate recommending them) Kellyco has a Lesche like Digger and a Garrett Pro Pointer as a package deal for give or take a few cents $127.50. But unless they do free shipping New England Detectors (A sponsor here) has a bundle with the Garrett and Lesche for $137.50 I'm pretty sure. Get a Garden knife to cut the plug or flap, and to dig the top several inches, Use your Garden trowel to scoop out deeper soil, Find your target however you do it? Please make sure you fill in and repair your dig site as best you can So our hobby don't get a bad Reputation. Good Luck and Happy Hunting..... :digginahole:

Lesche, got tired of breaking the cheapies a few weeks into this hobby, and a small shovel when in woods. Good job Van on promoting responsibility.

For parks and public areas and anywhere around people, an entrenching tool/shovel will cause you grief. It's probably not bad for relic hunting in the woods or in a farmers field. Permission to detect someones Yard carrying any kind of shovel will likely get you run off. I and most use a garden knife, I use a Fiskars big grip from, Home Depot that can also be bought at Walmart. it cost right in the $10 range. They make many different kind look up garden knife at Amazon.com. Many MDers are fond of a $35 to $40 called a Lesche digger, But they are all pretty much the same and range from -$10 and up. Actually (and I hate recommending them) Kellyco has a Lesche like Digger and a Garrett Pro Pointer as a package deal for give or take a few cents $127.50. But unless they do free shipping New England Detectors (A sponsor here) has a bundle with the Garrett and Lesche for $137.50 I'm pretty sure. Get a Garden knife to cut the plug or flap, and to dig the top several inches, Use your Garden trowel to scoop out deeper soil, Find your target however you do it? Please make sure you fill in and repair your dig site as best you can So our hobby don't get a bad Reputation. Good Luck and Happy Hunting..... :digginahole:

Good point about public parks!

This...
IMG_0450-1.jpg
[/IMG] The Raptor, from Predator Tools. What Lesche...:lol:

Those straight edges ain't gonna "cut it" in Texas captain. Nice digger though.

the nite pirate edition........

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 740
I use the same digger. It gave me some nasty gashes when it was new and sharp, but now that it has dulled up a bit, it's great.

I have a Lesche, some cheap digger sifter thing and will be purchasing some sort of precision planting shovel thing for the woods/fields.

Treasure Wise T-10 Digger (#T10) $8.95 is my primary digger. Been using it for years with some very hard digging over thousands and thousands of targets and it has never bent, broken, or rusted.

I also have a 14 inch trowel from metaldetector.com that I pull out for those deep targets.

When it comes to field hunting, I use the Lesche "Relic Hunter" shovel.

Keep the shovels out of the parks!

Back
Top Bottom