• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

1776 1/2 Reale

AWESOME Find no matter what it's worth. 1776 was a Long time ago. I am always amazed how some old items are only worth a few bucks. That lady was real nice. HH!!

Im not saying its a reproduction coin However you may want to check out Ebid (not Ebay) item #22357525 this guy is selling 1776 8 Reales in packs of 10

Thats AWESOME!! :wow:
It looks like it has ...next to no wear on it :shock:
I would definatly have it slabbed :yes:
And if by some remote chance it is a fake the graders will let you know for sure :yes:
Congrats on a once in a life time find!! :D

That coin dealer doesn't have a clue.

A poor 1770s half real would get $5-$10, but a nice one like that probably anywhere from $20 - $40 if you put it on ebay. Also, you got the "magic date" as 1776 Spanish always has a little more interest, especially 8 reales which I have seen sell for a few times their value. So all added up I would call that a $40 coin, not $5.

Im not saying its a reproduction coin However you may want to check out Ebid (not Ebay) item #22357525 this guy is selling 1776 8 Reales in packs of 10

The 1776 8 reale is the most faked and I don't even have to search it to know which one it is, and how poorly it's done. There's nothing to worry about with the half reale in this thread.

Very nice find. I found one as well, but not nearly in as good condition. Maybe the 5 inches of ice i had to chip through to get it had something to do with the condition lol Any way nice job. HH

Pretty sick find man......and it was just laying there.....hmmmm....wish we good do the bottom of the ocean...:)

well..now knowing it is from last year...I want to know if there were any new discoveries about the coin? Did you get it slabbed?

Details details.
Heh.

Great find even a year later.

:D

That is one beautiful coin in superb shape. A silver reale is high on my wish list. By the way, that coin has got to be worth at least $50 but I don't know the true value of it.

I sold my buddy my ACe350 when I upgraded. he went to maine for a family trip, and him and his family stopped at the rest area on 95. he found a 1/2 reale 1824.

It was paper thin, and worn down. your coin looks awesome I would pay 20 $ for something in that condition.

I can't believe the difference the lighting makes on the photos. the brown color had me looking twice.

Send it to get slabbed you might get environmental damaged. they know when something is found outside...

well..now knowing it is from last year...I want to know if there were any new discoveries about the coin? Did you get it slabbed?

Details details.
Heh.

Great find even a year later.

:D

I didn't get it slabbed and I'm not interested in selling it. I will be handing this coin down to my kids so they can enjoy it and hopefully they will do the same for theirs when that time comes! It's definitely worth more to me historically then it is monetarily.

Back
Top Bottom