Fisher f22 or f44

DeerhunterSD

I'm also in the process of researching these md's. I'm leaning towards the fisher f22 over the Garrett 250 but is it worth the extra $100 for the fisher f44? From what I gather, the f44 has manual ground balance the f22 does not. Also has a backlit screen. For those experienced are these features worth $100? Every time I think I've made up my mind I read something that steers me away. I'm a beginner starting out but am confident this is a hobby I will stick with. Also, the one consistent bit of advice across the board is to spend the extra $ on a good pin pointer which I am fine doing.

I only have experience with an Ace 350, AT Pro, and the F44 so take my advice for what it's worth. The Ace 350 was at least as deep as the 44. It doesn't have some of the better features of the 44 (GB, backlit, all metal) but did a great job. When I bought the ATP it was night and day. The ATP is a much better machine. Deeper than the 44 and not as jumpy on target ID. If you can afford it go a step above the 44. Not necessarily the ATP but there are some good used ones close to the price of a new F44. But if you're set on the F22 or F44 I'd go with the 44.

And get a good pinpointer. It makes detecting much more fun. I learned the hard way that if at all possible spend a little more in the beginning or you'll likely be wanting to upgrade in the near future. At least if your bitten by the detecting bug!

MetalDetectors.com

I'm also in the process of researching these md's. I'm leaning towards the fisher f22 over the Garrett 250 but is it worth the extra $100 for the fisher f44? From what I gather, the f44 has manual ground balance the f22 does not. Also has a backlit screen. For those experienced are these features worth $100? Every time I think I've made up my mind I read something that steers me away. I'm a beginner starting out but am confident this is a hobby I will stick with. Also, the one consistent bit of advice across the board is to spend the extra $ on a good pin pointer which I am fine doing.

I would go with the Fisher F44
With Free Shipping and Free Metal Detecting Kit
Give me a call if you have any Questions
thanks
dennis

Yes the adjustable ground balance is a nice improvement on better target ID and stability.

Back
Top Bottom