ENDED Contest giveaway, Guess my trash weight for the weekend.

Cool contest , even tho I didn't win. Congrats to the winner. At least you found some nice keepers. The bell reminded me of a miniature Liberty Bell replica. You know , because of the crack.

Time is up, and unless I am missing something we have a winner. Congrats airmettango! I will pm you about shipping info. Heres what i found this weekend. Came up with a few good finds. In one place I found a 1842 canadian bank token half penny, and a unidentifiable copper thats just a hair smaller than a penny(about dime size). Not sure what it could be but probably similar age to the token. Another site lead to some more finds and an interesting cellar hole. Also in the photo with my knees I spy 3 surface find relics! thanks for checking it out.

Congrats on a pretty nice weekend of hunts, TP - I'm a big fan of tokens, so the bank token alone is pretty awesome! But heck, your surface finds alone blow away some of my hunts - that wheel just leaning up against a tree is flat out cool stuff :cool:

And thanks again for the great contest - I'm completely jazzed up that I came up with the lucky guess! I don't think I've ever won any kind of contest like this before, but it's all the sweeter because today is my wife and my 13th wedding anniversary! (Who says 13 is unlucky?? :lol:) We just got back home from our celebration dinner when your notification came through, and I was giddy as a school girl to learn I was the winner - it's like we've got a extra anniversary gift :grin: Plus, now my wife is a-ok with me spending more time on the forums! :laughing:

Cool contest , even tho I didn't win. Congrats to the winner. At least you found some nice keepers. The bell reminded me of a miniature Liberty Bell replica. You know , because of the crack.

Thanks hawgdawg! And me too - my immediate thought was the Liberty Bell, too!

Congrats on a pretty nice weekend of hunts, TP - I'm a big fan of tokens, so the bank token alone is pretty awesome! But heck, your surface finds alone blow away some of my hunts - that wheel just leaning up against a tree is flat out cool stuff :cool:

And thanks again for the great contest - I'm completely jazzed up that I came up with the lucky guess! I don't think I've ever won any kind of contest like this before, but it's all the sweeter because today is my wife and my 13th wedding anniversary! (Who says 13 is unlucky?? :lol:) We just got back home from our celebration dinner when your notification came through, and I was giddy as a school girl to learn I was the winner - it's like we've got a extra anniversary gift :grin: Plus, now my wife is a-ok with me spending more time on the forums! :laughing:

Thanks hawgdawg! And me too - my immediate thought was the Liberty Bell, too!

That's just awesome timing. I'll sign the piece and send it out tomorrow

Even though this contest is closed, I had to stop by and say what a beautiful vase that is. Nice work!

The Prize is a hand blown vase that I made myself.

The vase arrived earlier today while I was on a trip to Cedar Rapids - and my wife teased me with a texted photo of the box that was waiting for me at home! I didn't get home until after 9pm, and finally got the opportunity to open it up - and it looks great! Signed and dated by the maker, too! Very cool to have a unique piece made by a forum member and fellow MDer to display - it'll be a fantastic conversation piece, and proud addition to our home's decor! Thanks again, Tpmetal...really nice work, and a super generous contest!

Here's it's current place of honor on the TV stand underneath the home theater TV :thumbsup: :

Vase.jpg

The vase arrived earlier today while I was on a trip to Cedar Rapids - and my wife teased me with a texted photo of the box that was waiting for me at home! I didn't get home until after 9pm, and finally got the opportunity to open it up - and it looks great! Signed and dated by the maker, too! Very cool to have a unique piece made by a forum member and fellow MDer to display - it'll be a fantastic conversation piece, and proud addition to our home's decor! Thanks again, Tpmetal...really nice work, and a super generous contest!

Here's it's current place of honor on the TV stand underneath the home theater TV :thumbsup: :

Vase.jpg

Thanks for sharing, I was hoping the winner would show us that neat vase on display, it really looks neat sitting among the other unique items !

Back
Top Bottom