Vibra-Probe 580

Doug

Elite Member
Have you had any dealings with the named company below or know of any member who may have had dealings with them?

I brought back a VP from the US, these are not available for sale in the UK, since I have been back and used the VP I am plagued with the VP falsing and I have to either move my machine well away from the target area or turn my machine off.

The instructions do say the VP can be effected by the machine but the distance I have to move my machine away is just a joke.

I have emailed the company now 3 times and had not even an acknowledgement from them which I think is pretty poor.

I emailed them first on the 26/10/2014 and twice after that but nothing.

Both my machines make the VP false unless the coils are well away.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Treasure Products, Inc.
1464 Madera Rd. #N195
Simi Valley, CA 93065
USA

I am not familiar with this company myself Doug, but hopefully someone here can help!

I am not familiar with this company myself Doug, but hopefully someone here can help!

Thanks Ron.

The VP was purchased to be used on the wet sand and being 100% waterproof when searching for a target in hole rapidly filling up with water and sand no harm could come to the P/P.

The P/P works fine in this role it is just the inconvenience of having to move my coil so far away to stop the P/P falsing.

I love mine. No problems at all. It will cause my detector to false some times, which to me isnt a big deal. I just turn my 580 off and put it in the holster when not using it.

I love mine. No problems at all. It will cause my detector to false some times, which to me isnt a big deal. I just turn my 580 off and put it in the holster when not using it.

Thanks Will.

The real issue that I have is the distance I have to keep the coil away from the P/P to stop the VP giving me a positive signal even though it's nowhere near the hole/target.

I can have the P/P switched on in it's holster and still hear it bleeping, it will only stop when I switch my machine off or move my coil a considerable distance away from myself.

Update.

I had the courtesy to inform the company of my intension to go public about the lack of response from them also taking into cosideration the time difference between our two countries the time to respond via email back to me.

Nothing was forthcoming so I posted my comments and observations.

I have now received an email from the company.

It is late here in the UK so I will follow up my acknowledgement to them in the morning.

Doug

I had one years ago. I got so much in the habit of carrying it behind my back that I sometimes still catch myself doing it today with PP. Other than conflicting with my detector, I loved the fact that it was waterproof, but it only detected on the end, about an inch max. Loved it at the time but much better options exist these days.

I have a 580, and I too have to suffer with what it does to my water machine. The problem stems from the 580 being a PI detector, and AFAIK the conflict between PI and VLF can't really be overcome. You just have to live with it to have a dive capable pinpointer.

Longhair has it right, problem is it's a PI. This is why PI detectors are not allowed at seeded hunts such as the Minelabbing hunts. A PI detector can disrupt a VLF or another PI from ten feet away in some conditions.

Back
Top Bottom