Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 or Fisher F2

megawayne

Amazon has the 3300 for 195.xx. I can get a F2 locally for about the same. My son has a F2 so I am familiar. I have an AT Pro, so this will be a backup. Does anyone have a preference between the two? In Georgia so the ground balance is what I am looking at. Thanks.

Amazon has the 3300 for 195.xx. I can get a F2 locally for about the same. My son has a F2 so I am familiar. I have an AT Pro, so this will be a backup. Does anyone have a preference between the two? In Georgia so the ground balance is what I am looking at. Thanks.

I prefer the F2 over the BH units, myself...just a personal preferance.
I used the F2 in Alabama in horrible soil and it was quiet with very few issues except limited depth which was a problem on all detectors used in that area of the country.
I started with a cheap BH with no GB and it would not shut up, so maybe that manual GB would help in that situation.

If you think you want the GB, get the BH, otherwise the $215 package with the 8" AND the 4" coil on the F2 is a better deal.

I've used both machines, and they both kill on coins...

I prefer the F2 because of it's fast recovery, target separation and great descrimination compared to the other dozen or more detectors I've used.

Back
Top Bottom