• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Cellar Hole goodies

Snapolson

Elite Member
Went out with Heavymetalnut this morning and hit a few cellar holes in Naugatuck. I had a blast. HMN found a King George coin right of the bat :shock: and soonafter I found a Colonial flat button. :D Lots and lots of metal in the ground and most of it was junk, but a few keepers came along.

Pictured is an antique breakfast spoon, a padlock, and a neat Palmolive token the size of a half dollar. My heart skipped a beat when that thing first popped out, thought I had a coin! :wow:

Got a video coming, so check back soon. Happy Hunting!!!!

PS Thanks to HMN for picking up my spoon. It fell out of my bag and he retrieved it!! :roll:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Man, thought I had me a largie at first when this popped out! :wow:

picture.php

picture.php

That spoon is amazing! If only it were silver. That's a real piece of history. Looks like a business emblazoned their name on the spoon. The font from that period is beautiful. Just imagine that George W. was alive when that spoon was made...heck he wasn't even president. :shock:

damn Chris i didnt know that spoon bowl had something on it.glad i gave it back to ya after ya dropped it and didnt notice ya missed your pouch huh :lol:
nice hunt!

That spoon is amazing! If only it were silver. That's a real piece of history. Looks like a business emblazoned their name on the spoon. The font from that period is beautiful. Just imagine that George W. was alive when that spoon was made...heck he wasn't even president. :shock:

I did a little research on the company. Even though it was started in 1780, the spoon was an item the company used as a promotion most likely after 1900. Here's a link:

http://www.worthpoint.com/blog-entry/collecting-sterling-souvenir-commemerative-spoons

Nice finds,
I found a spoon with an inscription also a few months back. Here are some pics...
zarkov51
[/URL][/IMG]
zarkov51
[/URL][/IMG]
Sorry the pics are so bad.
I'll take some better ones later with my good camera.
enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom