Search coil for Garrett GTA1000 Power Master

MrFTAMan

I recently bought a Garrett GTA1000 PM from a pawnshop for $30, "as is".
I replaced both AA battery holders and installed new batteries and got it going again. 🙂 It is detecting ok. I want to install a better search coil to it.
Has anyone replaced the search coil that is from another company? If so, what brands would work with this detector? It is almost impossible to find Garrett brand of search coils for it. My detector has the Crossfire Supreme Deep coil.
I am open to anyone that may have Garrett coils for sale.
Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
So, I'm not much help here, but I've never heard of this being done. I would guess, there could be other thing, besides re wiring a plug to make it work. If I had a free coil, I might try it, but if I had to pay much for a coil, I wouldn't.

Either way, keep us posted, it could help others or prevent others from making a mistake.

So, I'm not much help here, but I've never heard of this being done. I would guess, there could be other thing, besides re wiring a plug to make it work. If I had a free coil, I might try it, but if I had to pay much for a coil, I wouldn't.

Either way, keep us posted, it could help others or prevent others from making a mistake.

I know that some coils have its own circuit board in it so I would have to be very careful about that. I'm hoping that someone may have a Crossfire coil to sell. The GTA detector had several coils back when it came into market. The other day I called Garrett about checking out my GTA and the lady mentioned that possible to exchange the old coil for a newer one. I'll call them back this week to find out more.

Keep your eyes open for some used ones, there was 4-5 different sizes ranging from 4.5 up to 12" for that machine originally, but I heard the GTA1000 II don't work

Keep your eyes open for some used ones, there was 4-5 different sizes ranging from 4.5 up to 12" for that machine originally, but I heard the GTA1000 II don't work

Thank you for the tip, coin pirate. My metal detector is the Power Master. Would that make any difference in coils?

Thank you for the tip, coin pirate. My metal detector is the Power Master. Would that make any difference in coils?

All my knowledge on that machine is only hearsay, wish I was more help, here's a thought...call Garrett, I bet they would at least give you any information they have, even on their older equipment.

All my knowledge on that machine is only hearsay, wish I was more help, here's a thought...call Garrett, I bet they would at least give you any information they have, even on their older equipment.

I'll give them a call this week. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom