Not the start to a new year I expected

OneStudPuppy

Forum Supporter
Well I think we all can say a huge kiss my a@@ to 2016. If it was a great year for you, you were lucky.

This new year is looking out way on a same scale which is kinda a bummer.

Seems someone hit
My tire on my truck when it was parked on a hill. Right front suspension making some funky
Noises now. Thought ok it happens checked security footage apparently it was Christmas Eve but not at work. No footage of it.

About a week ago thought I broke the upper middle finger bone more in the hand section. Pushed through about 4 days and oddly felt a big pop sensation. Worrying if it was possibly the bone I gave in went to the e.r., X-rays and no break guess it's more soft tissue damage, knuckle looks messed up still.
After 6 hours I get the "official" no break diagnosis. (SINCE WHEN DO YOU GO TO THE E.R. And only see a P.A?!) but then they start freaking out about my blood pressure which I know was at least partially up after 6 hours of waiting for X-ray results.
192/132. They even insisted on running a EKG, and kept asking if I was having chest pain. I had a spike a week or two before but thought gas, and no didn't tell them at the hospital lol. So with more research yea I guess I'm at some crazy levels .
Figure ok I'll see a doc soon and see what to do. Then my insurance company send me a letter saying their changing my doctor. So we will see how long until I get seen.

Today I came out to my truck having a dead battery at work, (brake light switch stuck on go figure)

But yesterday was about the crappiest news I could get. My friends grandmother who has always been a spitfire active old lady and funny and a cool person was diagnosed with leukemia and given about 30 days after a week in the hospital.. she has decided to go on hospice and dnr.

The good things she got to know her great grand kids, and all I never knew mine. But what a bit of news to end the year with..

Oh yea and I'm sick as a dog now. So if any of that reads funny or is confusing my apologies I'm firing on half brain at the moment!

Sorry long message I know. But thought I would just toss this out there.. needed to vent somehow.

I'm sorry to hear the bad things you went thru, but you can look at that visit to the ER as a blessing in disguise because high blood pressure can cause very serious problems if left unchecked and sometimes people can have high blood pressure with no obvious symptoms at first so the ER checking your pressure helped you be aware of a problem you didn't know you had.

A few years ago I was trimming some low small tree branches on the edge of my property and a branch swung back and scratched my eye. I went to have it checked out and it was something that would eventually heal but it was a blessing in disguise as I found out I had high pressure in my left eye and was starting to have a slight loss of my field of vision caused by Glaucoma, They started me on daily eye drops that keep the pressure in the normal range and prevent any further damage. So if it wasn't for that eye scratch and doctor visit I may have lost much more field of vision before it became obvious enough to know something was wrong.

Please get your blood pressure under control as soon as possible -
(in the meantime try to stay calm, being upset and negative emotions can effect your health too)

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HighBloodPressure/WhyBloodPressureMatters/Why-Blood-Pressure-Matters_UCM_002051_Article.jsp#.WGfWGIWcHIU

Everyone I know says 2017 will be better than last year.

Sorry to hear your troubles. Had a bit of bad news myself, but things are already looking up. Get well soon.

And she is now gone passed about a hour ago, as in baby sitting her great grand kids which were totally in her life as she was in mine as well. Letting em sleep they don't know yet.

Back
Top Bottom