AT Pro ringing like a slot machine!

TerryRB

Kind of a strange one today. Battery indicator was one bar, so changed batteries - with new batteries in, ATP still reads one bar of power.

In STD, stays pretty stable, but when it hits metal - starts ringing like a slot machine. If I go to PRO, it starts ringing immediately!

Anyone else have this happen? May have to call Garrett and send it in, but hoping not to.

Thanks -
TB

Check the coil cable connection, make sure the batteries are seated properly, and do a factory reset. If that doesn't help, I'd just call Garrett.

Mine did that once after inadvertently setting directly on top of a buried phone line as I chatted the property owner. Turned it off, back on, it was still spazzing out. Did a reset, cured it quick and hasn't happened since.

Good luck!

Mine did this once and after that could not read anything deeper then four inches. Just got it back from Garrett today circuit board and coil connection where bad and had to be replaced.

Me too -

Thanks for the suggestions; did the reset and it worked kind of "iffy" for a couple minutes, then went crazy again. Guess I'll call Garrett and send it in -

Cheers,
TB

Thanks for the suggestions; did the reset and it worked kind of "iffy" for a couple minutes, then went crazy again. Guess I'll call Garrett and send it in -

Cheers,
TB

Did you submerge your unit recently? (Referring to the detector lol) may have leaked?

Sounds like you need to send it in. Ive got one and its been back twice. They are just not a reliable machine in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom