Tiny gold and silver from Barcelona, Spain

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
We just return to the states from the last leg of our European trip. On our walk to the beach, we made dozens of eyeball finds on the walkways, especially stuck in between the grout of the stone pavers. This includes a .925 broach and a broken 10k earing that a jeweler examined and said contained a nice citrine gemstone. We cashed in the change for paper currency and the total came to 21.26 euro ($24.64 USD).

Honestly, I've never found that much clad in an entire weekend of hunting in the states....and heck, I did that without a detector, lol.

After three weeks of beaches in Europe and not seeing one detector competitor, I'm yearning to go back. I'm heading out to our local beaches this weekend. I really hope to real in the goodies, but it's going to be hard to beat Europe.

H/H
1a9365683d625e87ba099a60c0b0b3a1.jpg
f7b5340d371bc482474c183de51f1999.jpg
ee90ed03db2108b04fd50735fde8ef95.jpg
99268cb03ce336c346d5af8349d7e604.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
:dingding: I made the same observations about their beaches hiking along the north last summer. I haven't been to Barcelona yet but it'll come one day! Good to see you had a great & profitable time.

Congrats on the finds even if you did it with out a detector. This forum is Freindly METAL detectors ya know. Still that's a lot of change to be eyeballing wonder with a detector would do?

As there rules against it there in Spain? or just that people dont go for that?

Great pictures, love the building. Congrads on the gold to!!

I'm headed that way next year and wish I would have time to detect but with touring it doesn't make sense to even take the detector!

Great finds!!!....wow is that the church they've been constructing for over 130 years????!?!!!! I saw it before on tv but must look amazing in person.....yes definitely go back with a metal detector....bet there's some awesome treasure to find. I've been to Europe twice but unfortunately didn't have time for metal detecting. Hoping to visit family in Italy and my brother in Hong Kong one day. Thanks for sharing!!!!!

GL & HH
Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

....As there rules against it there in Spain? ....

Years back, There was an interesting thread on this subject Spain & md'ing legalities:

Some dude from the UK had gone on vacation to a tourist beach section of Spain. After a week of md'ing, had several gold rings, a pile of coins, etc.... He made a forum show & tell post on an md'ing forum. He got the usual "atteboys" . However, one person posted an objection. Telling him that md'ing wasn't allowed in Spain. I think they even posted a link for one of those web compendiums, where .... persons long ago had attempted to make a list of each of the European countries. And ... yes .... Spain had some dire-sounding language.

But the md'r said that when he'd arrived there for his vacation, he had gone to some sort of police station, and asked before doing it. They just shrugged their shoulders and said they didn't see any problems. And during the week the fellow was there, he'd also seen several other hobbyists.

So whatever "dire" sounding things a person could come up with, are often only for protecting obvious historic monuments. Eg.: it would be no different than someone in Europe who is thinking of coming to detect in the USA. They might read "ARPA" and think "oh no". Or read of Mel Fisher legal hassles, etc.... Yet we all know there's LOTS of places to detect here, and ... no it's not illegal. So too do I think that some of those well-meaning well-intentioned compendium lists do not square with actual reality.

Excellent pics David, thanks for sharing! Good luck on the local beaches, I'm positive there were many depositors while you were away! Happy hunting!

Great finds!!!....wow is that the church they've been constructing for over 130 years????!?!!!! I saw it before on tv but must look amazing in person.....yes definitely go back with a metal detector....bet there's some awesome treasure to find. I've been to Europe twice but unfortunately didn't have time for metal detecting. Hoping to visit family in Italy and my brother in Hong Kong one day. Thanks for sharing!!!!!

GL & HH
Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yup, its Gaudi's familia sagrada. Currently, they are spending 50M Euro a year to finish it and have an expected completion date of 2026. Crazy, but awesome!

Back
Top Bottom