Smell Phones

How do you turn wet, crusty cell phones into cold hard cash?

Clean them up and sell them as water damaged phones on ebay, with no returns. You might get a few bucks that way. Personally, I just chuck 'em in the garbage.

I even brought one back to life, earlier this year, but it had a cracked screen, and I couldn't, for the life of me, crack the code to get it back to their owner... they didn't setup an ICE (In case of emergency) number on the phone. 14-year old girl, by the looks of the opening screen. Ended up in the garbage, after 3 months of trying the combination (a pattern one on the home screen, that added 5 seconds each failed attempt).

I sold a water damaged iPhone 10 a few months ago for over $300. A couple of weeks ago sold another water damaged iPhone (Samsung Galaxy S8) with a cracked screen for $35. A member on here sold a water damaged iPhone 7 recently for almost $80. Anything Apple sells for good $.

I sold a water damaged iPhone 10 a few months ago for over $300. A couple of weeks ago sold another water damaged iPhone (Samsung Galaxy S8) with a cracked screen for $35. A member on here sold a water damaged iPhone 7 recently for almost $80. Anything Apple sells for good $.

Where do you sell them?

Yup, Ebay is the way to go. I found 2 Iphone 10's last month that were bricked due to water damaged. Both were in great physical condition, no cracked glass etc... One sold for $380, the other $428.

I found 3 cell phones last night, unfortunately they looked like they have been soaking in the water a loooooong time, extremely stinky with cracked screens and bloated housings. I think when they are in that condition they may be a lost cause..

Clean them up and sell them as water damaged phones on ebay, with no returns. You might get a few bucks that way. Personally, I just chuck 'em in the garbage.

I even brought one back to life, earlier this year, but it had a cracked screen, and I couldn't, for the life of me, crack the code to get it back to their owner... they didn't setup an ICE (In case of emergency) number on the phone. 14-year old girl, by the looks of the opening screen. Ended up in the garbage, after 3 months of trying the combination (a pattern one on the home screen, that added 5 seconds each failed attempt).

Interesting story. Oh well, at least you tried to be a Perry Mason / Sherlock Holmes !!

You may be able to get ahold of the person that lost it by the SIM card. You can contact the carrier and give them that number, they should be able to cross reference it to the phone number, and they'd likely call them for you rather than give out the number directly to you (at least I'd HOPE they'd do it that way)

Still have yet to find an iphone. Just crappy flip phone pieces.

Sim Card

pryan 67 is correct. I pulled the Sim Card from a phone I found and took it to the dealer. They contacted the owner and I got a nice reward for returning it to them.

pryan 67 is correct. I pulled the Sim Card from a phone I found and took it to the dealer. They contacted the owner and I got a nice reward for returning it to them.

I was correct? Sorry...it won't happen again...

whoops...sorry again...that's what I have to tell my wife when I happen to be correct :)

Back
Top Bottom