i KNEW there was more coins there!

007tallguy

Elite Member
this morning i headed back to the beach where i found the gold pendant on Monday. i was getting tones galore Monday, some were just mere whispers and i said to myself that i'd have to make a return trip there.
well, no gold or silver today, but i dug my highest coin count and highest dollar amount for a single hunt!
if it beeped, i dug it! after 4 1/2 hours, i ended up with a whooping 116 coins totaling $13.87! oh, and a 1 Euro coin, lol.
and like Mondays hunt, the majority of what i was finding were from the very late 60's and early 70's. what i believe is going on is the edge of the bank is eroding over time and these coins have been washing down approx 6-12 feet from the side and they're laying in the area where it levels off. as for the depth, anywhere from 6 to 12 inches down.
thanks for looking,

Pete ;)

Attachments

• 20160504_165444_resized.jpg
    20160504_165444_resized.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 283
What a haul !!! Way to go. I like your theory and if you're right, it should keep paying with further erosion. Kind of like paying you in installments!

this morning i headed back to the beach where i found the gold pendant on Monday. i was getting tones galore Monday, some were just mere whispers and i said to myself that i'd have to make a return trip there.
well, no gold or silver today, but i dug my highest coin count and highest dollar amount for a single hunt!
if it beeped, i dug it! after 4 1/2 hours, i ended up with a whooping 116 coins totaling $13.87! oh, and a 1 Euro coin, lol.
and like Mondays hunt, the majority of what i was finding were from the very late 60's and early 70's. what i believe is going on is the edge of the bank is eroding over time and these coins have been washing down approx 6-12 feet from the side and they're laying in the area where it levels off. as for the depth, anywhere from 6 to 12 inches down.
thanks for looking,

Pete ;)
not to be a smart ass but ,wouldn't it be easier to drag a large magnet over the sand to pick up a lot of that magnetic coinage :?: I tried it at the local coinstar the other day and man are those coins magnetic.

not to be a smart ass but ,wouldn't it be easier to drag a large magnet over the sand to pick up a lot of that magnetic coinage :?: I tried it at the local coinstar the other day and man are those coins magnetic.

that's a very reasonable question.
reasonable answer: i highly doubt a magnet would work on coins that are 6 to 12 inches deep.
and note the dates: late 60's to early 70's. the penny's were made from real copper (non magnetic) and i was in a "dig everything" mode today, lol. besides, there's a member on here by the name of Felix who would likely want to slap me if i didn't recover the pennys too, lol. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom