• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Some pics of bottles I dug earlier this year

Matt (NH)

I enjoy bottle digging as much as I enjoy detecting. Here are a few photos of some old bot's I dug earlier this year when they were doing some excavated in an old city land-fill. I almost passed out when I dug the circa 1830's Geometric Ink; I believe it was blown in Keene, NH or possible Coventry, CT.

HH

Matt

Attachments

• bot1.jpg
    bot1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 586
  • bot2.jpeg
    bot2.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 573
  • bot3.jpg
    bot3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 566
  • bot4.jpeg
    bot4.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 573
  • bot6.jpeg
    bot6.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 565
  • bot5.jpeg
    bot5.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 569
Perfect example of what can turn up in turn of last century dumps. A pontiled Pitkin inkwell sitting around for 50 years when it was thrown out with newer trash.Truly awesome find.

Perfect example of what can turn up in turn of last century dumps. A pontiled Pitkin inkwell sitting around for 50 years when it was thrown out with newer trash.Truly awesome find.

I can't tell you how many times I have dug nice open pontiled stuff from a T.O.C. dump, I lost count!:shock:

I wonder wye they were digging in the dup? anyway nice stuff.

They had to dig a portion of the dump to complete a drainage project they were doing. I just asked the owner of the construction company if I could poke around. It was a good time.

Great finds!!! Good lord, wish i could walk right into a bottle cache like that one.
I too am a bottle collector/digger.

Back
Top Bottom