replacement excal phones

zeemang

Forum Supporter
Well, it's time, the wire covering finally cracked after 7 or is it 8 years... I'm not complaining, they got me alot of gold...
Does anyone make a set of headphones for the excal with the endcap connected so it would be almost plug and play?
If not what headphones would be recommended as replacements that i could cut the cord and solder in?
Another option is i could make some new ones using some peltor shells but not sure which pieze speakers work well underwater and wire to buy...
thanks all!

I just picked up a pair from Mal across the pond.He makes the SurphoneS for the Xcall with the CTX endcap.Cost me 185 shipped to NY.I havnt installed them on my Xcall yet gonna do the PP mod and phones together.I did try them on my CTX and i was impressed.Fit snug very comfortable and loud.Only thing is the tones sound completely different so gonna have to learn the sounds again.GL HH

I would recommend either of them I made a set of Joes peltor headphones and they are very nice. From what I have heard is that the surphones are really nice as well

Nice videos, but I have already done a peltor style mod on mine. The problem is is the wire coating is cracked up and i can see the inner wires. It's time for new headphones completely.
It has even occured to me to buy a set of garrett waterproof phones and then cut them and add a ikelit the connector (because i could probably get my hands on a set pretty easilly and they are waterproof). Anyone ever modded garrett headphones for an excal? How was the audio?

Nice videos, but I have already done a peltor style mod on mine. The problem is is the wire coating is cracked up and i can see the inner wires. It's time for new headphones completely.
It has even occured to me to buy a set of garrett waterproof phones and then cut them and add a ikelit the connector (because i could probably get my hands on a set pretty easilly and they are waterproof). Anyone ever modded garrett headphones for an excal? How was the audio?

I have a set of blue Garrett headphoneson my excal they work fine I mostly use them for diving

Thanks but shipping would kill it, i am south of the US...
I am either going to build some new phones or canabalize a set of garretts, not sure yet.
Decisions decisions...

Yeah, seems like a good option... I guess i will pull the endcap and end up drilling it, installing the wire connector and sealing with epoxy from the inside before reinstalling the endcap.

I make a single endcap that might work..Same Mal ships with his SFones.

Attachments

• OBN0108.jpg
    OBN0108.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 146
Thanks OBN, let me see if i can find the connectors i need locally before i deal with international shipping for such a small part...
I really appreciate it!

Z, I'll be in Houston/San Antonio in two weeks and could pick up something for you on Feb.8 (sorry, short time window). Let me know.
Cay

Thanks cay, i found some garrets up in monterrey, will be at my door on tuesday. I am going to canablize them in to some peltor shells and hope for the best...

to me.....it seems easier to drill out the ikelite and just replace the main wire on the phones. That main cable should be available.... even if you just get a headphone extension and cut off the ends to make it. Just need the ikelite and some epoxy as well. HOWEVER, Joes endcap with the CTX connector is a cool swap out.

Dew

to me.....it seems easier to drill out the ikelite and just replace the main wire on the phones. That main cable should be available.... even if you just get a headphone extension and cut off the ends to make it. Just need the ikelite and some epoxy as well. HOWEVER, Joes endcap with the CTX connector is a cool swap out.

Dew

Yes I agree if you are not ready for Joes CTX end cap. I love his end cap. I also have a friend who drilled a hole through a stock cap for a pinpoint mod he made and hes been using it for years. Desperation is the mother of most inventions:lol:

I may end up doing just that, only using the wore from the garrett hedphones, but when i have all the parts at hand i will decide... I wil lhook up the garrett phone and if i don't like the audio they give i can always reuse the original (already cut down) piezo plates from the old set.
Looking forward to the project actually!
Thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom