Im screwed lost my pinpointer

You lost maybe a 150.00 piece of junk and you are screwed?

One of the tips I give on my web page is: If you get in trouble while water hunting DITCH YOUR EQUIPMENT. If you live you can by more and detect another day. None of your materialistic junk is worth your life. Just go out and buy another pinpointer and laugh it off. Might take a week to get to you but big deal. Live and learn and life goes on.

Just consider it the "cost of doing business," and get another (if you're financially able. I don't want to make assumptions).

I wasn't happy when I lost my first 31" Lesche Sampson. And believe me, I scoured the area where I may have dropped it (see signature). I was even tracking my route with GPS and STILL couldn't find it. You may have to bite the bullet and get another one (again, if able).

If not...then, you'll have to go old school and grab dirt and wave it in front of the coil.

And yes...LANYARDS LANYARDS LANYARDS! I have the curly plastic thing attached to a carabiner on my belt. I also try to remind myself to check for my things (pinpointer, hand digger, Sampson) every time I move on from a hole (filled in, of course). Even so, just last week I let my Sampson stuck in the ground after taking a break for a quick 10-100.

It'll happen. It stinks, but it'll happen, and I'm sure my current Sampson won't be my last.

Occams Razor Buddy!...You actually dont need no Pinpointer to hunt..You REALLY dont need one...Its amazing what you can do with just your main rig and a basic extraction device..you just gotta try it to see...No big deal at all to hunt very much bigly without a handheld Pinpointer...

In fact, you may find you are a hell of a lot faster and more productive...Success in this Sport has a lot to do with Time Management, targets pulled/hr.....Occams Razor..you dont need to diddle around fishing with a handheld PP in a pile of dirt for a signal when a simple sweep of your hand will uncover the target...Just saying..plenty of us hunt without one just fine...

This could be your opportunity to lighten up on the gear and still pull pay...Thats good right?
Mud

I could never hunt without a PP....just too many small pieces of trash to be fishing around for em for 5 minutes...especially when diggin pieces of foil lookin fr yellow

I've lost 2 Garrets and a whites TRX. That bright orange doesn't matter.

Now I mainly water hunt. LOl No pin pointer needed.

Just consider it the "cost of doing business," and get another (if you're financially able. I don't want to make assumptions).

I wasn't happy when I lost my first 31" Lesche Sampson. And believe me, I scoured the area where I may have dropped it (see signature). I was even tracking my route with GPS and STILL couldn't find it. You may have to bite the bullet and get another one (again, if able).

If not...then, you'll have to go old school and grab dirt and wave it in front of the coil.

And yes...LANYARDS LANYARDS LANYARDS! I have the curly plastic thing attached to a carabiner on my belt. I also try to remind myself to check for my things (pinpointer, hand digger, Sampson) every time I move on from a hole (filled in, of course). Even so, just last week I let my Sampson stuck in the ground after taking a break for a quick 10-100.

It'll happen. It stinks, but it'll happen, and I'm sure my current Sampson won't be my last.

I likewise lost my 31" Sampson one day, simply because it was late in the afternoon, the light was diminishing, and I simply left it stuck in the ground, and walked away. All of a sudden I realized I didn't have it, and panicked. I looked all around, then started backtracking, and it wasn't hardly 10' away, but it was standing in the shadows, and that grey handle just kinda blended right in. I just couldn't see it and nearly walked over it, before I did.

Well, not anymore.......now that handle is bright "rain slicker" YELLOW. Kinda hard to miss it now, shadows or no shadows. :D

@ gscott12250.......BTW, which pointer was it....maybe the old black Garrett Pro-Pointer. They seem to be the easiest to get hides away. I did at least put a colored tip cover on mine, and my newer TRX has an Orange top, so that helps too.... Sometimes it's just a matter of being able to see it.....good luck !

Greg:

I lost 2 Garrett AT pin pointers last year. I was beyond pissed at myself on both occasions and have since learned to ensure I have everything before moving on to the next hole. HH.

-Mike

Man that sucks. I would be lost without my garrett carrot. I used to hunt without one, and it is much more enjoyable (and for me much neater) to hunt with one, and faster. I can dig and extract targets much faster with one than without.

I hope it turns up for you.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Just trying to cheer you up and keep you out hunting is all...You are not 'entirely screwed' on account of you lost your pinpointer...just go...Its like a bowhunter saying they 'cant go deer hunting' on account of they lost their release or rangefinder, forgot the grunt call and doe urine etc.....

Like rangefinders and releases are to bowhunters,, Handheld pinpointers fall into the parameters of 'handy gimmicks'...All you REALLY need to hunt is your main rig and some sort of digging device, even if the ' digging device' is a damned old butter knife...

Think 'Occams Razor', for the most part, you dont even need a digging device to chip kick through a totter!...Double up on the Occams Razor Hunting concept, to find some damn good loot, you dont even need your rig! Just get outside and hunt!

There aint nothing good to be found sitting around in the house on account of a torn pouch or a lost and needless accessory...! Time and Metal waits for Nobody! All a guy REALLY needs for most pursuit oriented Outdoor Sports is a knife and a lighter..Occams Razor?...Weather dependent/basic skills.. go with the knife...definitely leave the cell phone..those are nothing but trouble anyway! :laughing:
Mud

It's night & day hunting with and without a pin pointer for me, I'd be devastated too! I hope you found it!

UPDATE. I FOUND IT!
I didn't find it by seeing it I found out by stepping on it. Huh what are the chances in a 500 acre field. Thanks for the vent session. Carry on.
1d9867011c420f3610fb358d40f8932e.jpg

Greg

Lost Pinpointer

If your still going to hunt there you may come across it. Remember that glass is Half Full!:D

Back
Top Bottom