1862 S $10 gold

As for the volunteering: I was totally serious on that. Not sarcastic. I volunteer on two different museums here as guide, docent, etc...

Yeah I know. I didn't mean to connect the sarcasm label to it with my compound sentence. I'm glad you clarified for everyone. I haven't been as active on here the last few years but I've considered your stance on asking permission is the gold standard for years!

A place down my street is selling them for 670 never bought one though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A place down my street is selling them for 670 never bought one though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But what about the $5 gold coin you bought and placed in a 110 year old metal box along with 10 Morgans and a Barber quarter...then tried to claim you 'found' in the ground:laughing:

But what about the $5 gold coin you bought and placed in a 110 year old metal box along with 10 Morgans and a Barber quarter...then tried to claim you 'found' in the ground:laughing:

You just couldn't resist ! Yes, after the "odd" post, then it is earlier posts like this, that just stand out. As all-the-more-odd. Like , he quotes a "bag melt" price that a common date $10 might go for. But that has no bearing on key date year/mints.

... Thought I might get a text of that or something...

That's what forums bulletin "finds" boards are for :)

With the discussion of finding gold coins, I thought I would kick this to the top, congratulations again Tom!

Wow Tom! -

I have not been on the site in months but have been thinking about you as I poke through the book you recommended and get onto some old sites. Infact I managed to find my first seated (1873 W Arrows Dime) because of said book. Congrats on the awesome find. I wonder if greg heard of this?! I didn't get the memo. Congrats bud!

I will ring ya soon and catch up/discuss some of the sites I've visited recently.

Cya later bud, and congrats again.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom