AT Pro with EBL rechargables...

Your pro has the same performance with 1 bar or all bars on battery. Voltage is regulated as most detectors are now days. Bars on detectors typically reflect voltage. Rechargeables typically start lower than alkaline but stay at that level steady for a bit and alkaline is more of a linear drop.

Hey Craig, That's exactly what the good people over at Garrett told me. One bar / four bars / same performance ! From a personal standpoint (and considering my limited knowledge of metal detecting), I really can't tell the difference, nor can I argue the point either way. However, I believe there are many that disagree with that theory, and change the batteries immediately, when that first bar drops off. Personally, I usually wait for the second bar to drop, not because I experience a drop in performance, but just because of the question in my mind.

So, am I missing something here? Are you saying that this is true (1 bar / 4 bar/ same performance), only with rechargeable batteries, or is this true with batteries in general ? I understand about the way rechargeables drop off quickly vs more of a linear drop with alkaline.....

I love DubbleAs! They are so cheap and common, rigs fueled with them make pay easily!

Never tried rechargables yet, mainly on account of I cant have any area here in the house where they will be left unmolested by the passerbys looking for a TV remote upcharge or something stupid...Anyway, I dont have confidence in my AtPro when the batts fall off even one click!...I dont give a tinkers cuss about what anybody says otherwise! The damn thing will not hunt full capability without a good set of freshies stuffed into the pie hole!

I just dont think this dog hunts right when the batts fall off just a little, So I do a fast swap out every 12-15hrs or so and stuff those Pro 'Halfdeads' into my F70 for another 12hrs of making pay!.......On my F70, you can take them down to full damn dead! That sucker runs on fumes and pulls pay clear to the end!

Then, I take the full dead DubbleA's and use them as the downrange projectile 'bastard slugs' in my shotgun...You should hear the sound a DubbleA battery makes as it pinwheels through the air! Whoowhoowhooo! Like a murderous screech owl! Try shooting a 9v out of anything other than a Wrist Rocket?...just saying...DubbleAs are a cheap and multipurpose little item!

In my opinion, screw the recharges or the attempt to wring alkalines down to full dead!:laughing: The Pro is intended to gobble up gold, and it does, just not as efficient with half deads in the hopper...in my experience...
Mud

Hey Craig, That's exactly what the good people over at Garrett told me. One bar / four bars / same performance ! From a personal standpoint (and considering my limited knowledge of metal detecting), I really can't tell the difference, nor can I argue the point either way. However, I believe there are many that disagree with that theory, and change the batteries immediately, when that first bar drops off. Personally, I usually wait for the second bar to drop, not because I experience a drop in performance, but just because of the question in my mind.

So, am I missing something here? Are you saying that this is true (1 bar / 4 bar/ same performance), only with rechargeable batteries, or is this true with batteries in general ? I understand about the way rechargeables drop off quickly vs more of a linear drop with alkaline.....

If its on and running same peformance regardless of battery type.

Back
Top Bottom