• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My first hunt on the volleyball courts

daddydigger

Forum Supporter
Howdy diggers,

I spent 3 and 1/2 hours this morning MDing at some sand filled volleyball courts in a city park. There are three courts side-by-side and a chainlink fence surrounds the whole thing. I put the ACE 250 in jewelry mode since I wasn't looking for anything but shallow coins and jewelry.

It was a very pleasant surprise when I discovered I could hunt right up to the chainlink fence without getting any signals or interference from the fence. I also noticed that for the most part, the majority of the finds weren't in the courts, but in the periphery around them. I probably found 80% of all the coins and all of the jewelry within 1 foot of the chainlink fence.

I had been hunting about 45 minutes when I got a quarter signal up against the fence. My coil moved some of the sand as I was sweeping and I saw what I thought was a shiny quarter. It turned out to be a very large men's ring. At first, I thought it might be silver, but it is stamped S. Steel. After I got home and was looking at it, I discovered it was a spinner! Even though it is not silver or gold, it doesn't seem to fit in the junk category either.

After 2 hours, I finally got a solid nickel signal at 2 inches. As I was moving the sand away, I was hoping for gold, but it was just a nickel! Argghhhhhh!! I ended up finding 4 nickels and every single one of them had hopes of gold pinned on them.

Over on the far side, I could see where a kid had been digging in the sand. It must have been yesterday because the sand was freshly turned. He must have been playing pirate because I found the 2 quarters and a nickel he buried. As I was digging up the second quarter, I happen to look over at the fence, and saw 2 bracelets leaning up against it. Looks like someone took them off to play volleyball, leaned them up against the fence for safekeeping, and then forgot they were there and left without them. Of course they were junk.

All in all, I would say I had a pretty fun hunt and was happy with my finds. I will probably hit it again in a couple months, maybe then I'll get gold or silver. Pics are below, thanks for reading my post! On-On and HH!

p.s. I eyeballed the skull bead on one of the courts.

Attachments

• IMG_2569.jpg
    IMG_2569.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_2573.jpg
    IMG_2573.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_2568.jpg
    IMG_2568.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 274
Great digs.I don't seem to have much luck on volleyball courts,and have noticed more stuff around the outside than on the courts themselves.
Way to go!!!

Back
Top Bottom