Fisher 1266X Help!

B

bahnstormer

HELP please!
I have just bought one and cant figure which way round the 8 batteries go.
Cover of battery box reads + --+ but is that facing you or down the bottom where the contacts are seems like it can be connected the wrong way:(
No manual
Any Ideas
Thanks

Here you can download the operating manual, not sure if it covers the batteries or not www.fisherlab.com/hobby/documents/1266-XB.pdf

If you need a pdf reader to view the above pdf file on your computer you can download Foxit reader here from this page http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader_2/down_reader.htm

Good luck! Steve...

P.S. I checked the manual and it says: (Quote)
If either or both of the battery packs are installed incorrectly, the 1266-X will simply not turn on. The instrument will not be damaged. (End Quote).

The manual explains pretty well how to install the batteries.

I have always put batteries with the neg.- side touching the spring.I have never seen it the other way around.

Here's a pic of my 1266 batteries, the batts go in with the spring against the flat back and the button forward. Also, I wrap rubber bands around the knobs so they dont move easily while detecting.
Also, I put electrician's tape over the speaker to protect the innerds. Steve in so az

Attachments

• batteries.jpg
    batteries.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 4,030
  • 1266.jpg
    1266.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 4,476
My old 660 has "O" rings installed under the knobs. I figured they serve the same purpose as your rubber bands.

Back
Top Bottom