my fisher 1266x steal off ebay

diggin_nut

i thought some of the guys in this relic section of the forum might appreciate this buy i got off ebay about a week ago.
to me this was an incredibly lucky steal. i've been wanting to add the fisher 1266x to my collection of detectors due to it's reputation as one of the best detectors ever made. by just a lucky chance i looked on ebay about a little over a week ago. winning bid $ 504.00. wow!!. i couldn't believe there weren't more bids. I probably would have paid quite a bit more. used doesn't apply to my thinking on this model.

so here was the package:
fisher 1266x with 8" spider coil
fisher 5" concentric coil
fisher 11" concentric coil
hot head coil
fisher in-line probe
covers for all coils
dust cover for control box
harness for hip-mounting

everything works like new. here are some photos of the machine and coils. let me know what you think. just need a "perfect spot". anyone in south carolina that has a relic field please let me know. would be glad to meet up and drive using my gas. again let me know if you guys agree that this was a steal. i don't need to layout money for additional coils, etc. the value of this package made me want to do a jig down the street.here's the photos:
fisher1266x.jpg

fishercontrols.jpg

fishercoils.jpg

You used the right word alright, that was a steal. Would like to hear how it is working out for you on sites you had gone over before. See you a bit later, I'm going to Ebay now. :lol:

What's so awesome about that old machine? Why over $500???

theres more than 500.00 worth of coils that i got with the machine. basically the machine was free after paying for the coils.

but all the reviews i've read on the 1266x led me to want one in my collection.
my main machines are a minelab sovereign xs, white eagle ii sl, whites dfx. this is an additionmainly for relic hunting. i had absolutely no problem with the machine's price at all.

thanks guys i just hit it lucky with the timing. glad i got it. looks like i'll be using my minelab after the weekend though...hee hee.love storms as long as people are safe.

I also wanted a 1266xb which was the model that broke down more compactly. It's a great machine. The later model's used a 10.5 spider coil, I had one on both of my CZ's and it was a very good coil. I still keep an eye out for CZ7's and 1266x's I might buy another if the price is right. The funny thing is those 1266's and cz's will go just as deep as any new machine, especially the cz's with their dual freq.

One thing about it, you got a complete hunting package. Those older machines will do a great job if you learn how to get the most out of them. Best of luck and keep us informed as to your finds with it.:yes:

I thought the 1266 was an improvement over the 1265 wich was also a great detector. I had both. If I remember right, the 1266 has a pinpoint mode.

Back
Top Bottom