Conceal and Carry in Cali is illegal?

Hahahhaahhahhhhhhh, that's exactly what this other forum that I have belonged to for a long time is doing.

So you moving there or something? Why do you care about a conceiled carry when you're in Minnesota?

On the other hand I'd love to visit the state for it's scenery, and some of the amazing sites. Just wouldn't want to go into any of the cities ever.

Just because when something like that happens you can't help but get the scenario of why we get into wars in the first place. Like Vietnam, we got involved to stop the spread of communism even though they were fighting for something completely different than us. If one state falls to this bs, will others follow?

Google says: No More Open Carry. So it's not the same as restricting concealed carry; but concealed carry permits in California are a bear (lol triple entendre) to get.

I'll simply note that this law is probably an excellent example of utopianiam. That is, the authors apparently believe that by outlawing open carry, they will put a stop to people carrying guns in public. Because, after all, no one would be so brazen as to disobey the law, or worse yet HIDE a gun despite not having a permit.

Seems silly to me anyways. The criminals will continue to carry guns, while law-abiding citizens now are further hampered.

No matter where, I doubt many criminals openly carry their guns, nor acquire the necessary permit, carry concealed or otherwise. Personally, I'm all for the open carry, rather know when I'm around them. Think it's a little safer too, none of the mechanisms can accidentally get caught in clothing, and shift positions or fire. Not to mention, some people shouldn't be allowed near any sort of weapon, but seem to have the easiest time getting a permit. Business would be a less easy target, if the robber walks in, and see a lot of hardware on customers and staff. He might get on or two, but no way is he walking out, with any loot.

Yeah, I don't consider California a part of the US. More of a fascist country all on its own. I never want to go there.

And I could say that the State of Alabama is reserved for people that have abandoned all their hopes and dreams, but I won't.... :shock:

Cali is no more nuts than any other state. People are people, good and bad.

I grew up in Texas and spent over 44 years there. I can say the same about many people in Texas, but again people are people!

Facist? Come on... I'm no facist and will give you the shirt off my back, but I do live in Cali... chose to for the climate and the Pacific ocean. My choice. With my work I can live anywhere I choose.

I just had a conversation with my religous NRA neighbor yesterday about C+C laws around the country. I would say that he is more than informed on this issue. He says that at this exact moment there are only 2 states in the US that don't allow conceal and carry in some aspect and that they are Wisconsin and Illinois. Wisconsin's law goes into effect on November 1st. He might be a bit outdated if a law was just changed but I always assume he knows, because he is constantly reading and informing himself on these laws. Just my $.02

And I could say that the State of Alabama is reserved for people that have abandoned all their hopes and dreams, but I won't.... :shock:

Cali is no more nuts than any other state. People are people, good and bad.

I grew up in Texas and spent over 44 years there. I can say the same about many people in Texas, but again people are people!

Facist? Come on... I'm no facist and will give you the shirt off my back, but I do live in Cali... chose to for the climate and the Pacific ocean. My choice. With my work I can live anywhere I choose.

Please don't take me wrong! I meant the laws and regulations of California, not all the people. I don't hold anything against a Californian. :P

Please don't take me wrong! I meant the laws and regulations of California, not all the people. I don't hold anything against a Californian. :P

OK then... I'll call off the Mafia Guy I sent over. :lol:

Besides - you are about to join the "Church" .. we have to love one another..... :)

Let's play nice in here!!:mad: As a Mod on here and a native Californian, I don't want to have to throw down the Hammer on anyone!:D And remember, our Man in the Bag is an Admin and also a Cali Guy!!:cool: "Gun Posts" too often go awry!:gunbandanna::gunbandanna::gunbandanna:

I just had a conversation with my religous NRA neighbor yesterday about C+C laws around the country. I would say that he is more than informed on this issue. He says that at this exact moment there are only 2 states in the US that don't allow conceal and carry in some aspect and that they are Wisconsin and Illinois. Wisconsin's law goes into effect on November 1st. He might be a bit outdated if a law was just changed but I always assume he knows, because he is constantly reading and informing himself on these laws. Just my $.02

good luck gettin one in NJ unless ya know the mayor :lol:

they just changed the law here in ohio for us concealed carriers. I guess I can now go into a bar carrying as long as i dont drink.

Effective Friday, Ohio's liquor permit prohibition, R.C. 2923.121, no longer applies to licensees so long as 1.) they do not consume alcohol in the liquor permit facility, not even a sip, and 2.) they are not already under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The licensee is cautioned, however, that liquor permit facilities are still private property, and private property owners may ban all firearms (or all yellow neckties etc) simply by posting a sign to that effect. The important difference is that a liquor permit facility owner posting a sign is only creating a trespass violation; they are not putting the licensee back under the felony penalties of our liquor permit prohibition.

Let's play nice in here!!:mad: As a Mod on here and a native Californian, I don't want to have to throw down the Hammer on anyone!:D And remember, our Man in the Bag is an Admin and also a Cali Guy!!:cool: "Gun Posts" too often go awry!:gunbandanna::gunbandanna::gunbandanna:

Def no harm meant to any Cali's. I know several personally myself. Just wouldn't want to live there myself. Heck, I don't like living in Alabama. I want to move to the midwest....where you can find silver coins by the dozen on every other outing. It's wonderful up there.

I could say a lot of things about California, but none would be nice. There's a reason you can't own a gun there.

Yeah, I don't consider California a part of the US. More of a fascist country all on its own. I never want to go there. Free speech is frowned upon in most of the country, but even worse over there. Can't say certain words without being hanged. I guess that's what it's the far left side of the country. Makes sense. :lol: The green fad is horrible everywhere, but especially abundant over there. I can't imagine actually living in California.

So you moving there or something? Why do you care about a conceiled carry when you're in Minnesota?

On the other hand I'd love to visit the state for it's scenery, and some of the amazing sites. Just wouldn't want to go into any of the cities ever.

Why is it that, lately, when complaints are received about some posts in this forum, you seem to be at the epicenter of it?

Are you trolling? We have ways to deal with trolls.

Western Saloons

they just changed the law here in ohio for us concealed carriers. I guess I can now go into a bar carrying as long as i dont drink.

Effective Friday, Ohio's liquor permit prohibition, R.C. 2923.121, no longer applies to licensees so long as 1.) they do not consume alcohol in the liquor permit facility, not even a sip, and 2.) they are not already under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The licensee is cautioned, however, that liquor permit facilities are still private property, and private property owners may ban all firearms (or all yellow neckties etc) simply by posting a sign to that effect. The important difference is that a liquor permit facility owner posting a sign is only creating a trespass violation; they are not putting the licensee back under the felony penalties of our liquor permit prohibition.

I wonder if there is a chance that they will have an old west shootout comin. Been watchin too many westerns I guess.

HH Michael

Back
Top Bottom