Got my special pony home (picture heavy)

Love those old Mustangs. I had a new 1967 but had to sell it because I was stationed in Colorado and my wife couldn't drive a stick shift. I put over 60.000 miles on it in the first year. Later, minus the wife, I had a 1970 Mach I with a 351 Cleveland. Loved both of those cars.

It's starting to look really nice.
How did you work the seats?
Just covers over the old stuff,or did you have
them reupholstered?

Like my detecting it is a passion. Finding a decaying classic rotting away in some field and bringing it back to life is like pulling that long lost coin/jewelry/relic from the ground to be enjoyed again. Some people will still only see it as some old coins but most enjoy the beauty of a well crafted standing liberty or walking liberty.

I'm a driver quality restorer. I can't afford to restore these classic to car show quality, so I restore them to daily driver quality and let the next owner take it where they want. I remove the old seat vinyl and repair the seat foam best I can before putting the new skin on. I did this on a clad day so there are wrinkles, but some will go away in the sun. It is best to do seat covers on a hot day.

What I like is I get to drive many good old classics do this. Like all the different metal detectors I get to try. I really like the old mustangs because they were really well designed, and um... resale very well. I'm hoping sometimes I'll get my hands on a good old mopar but no luck yet.

I drove this pony to my folks last night and down to get gas. It is already a read head turner.

Back
Top Bottom