ENDED Contest! Coin that traveled the greatest distance!

firewxman

Forum Supporter
Here's the contest, I'm looking for the coin that traveled the greatest distance. Winner will receive a silver walking Liberty half!

Rules:

1) The contest ends at 11:59:59 on April 1st 2016
2) All entries must be found using a metal detector
3) All entries must be found from now until April 1st 2016. You may NOT use previous finds.
4) All entries must be traceable to their mint of origin. If unknown due to ambiguity or multiple mints, the coin will not be considered.
5) All entries must include a photo of the coin posted to this thread. In addition, your location of the find and the mint location must be included in your submission.
6) All contestants must obtain in miles the distance between your find and the coins point or origin (mint). For instance, I live in North Platte, Nebraska and find a 1985 D penny. As the crow flies, it's approximately 240 miles from North Platte to Denver. The distance must be included or your submission is discarded.
7) Enter as often as you wish.
8) All are welcome to submit for bragging rights, but unfortunately I will only ship to a North American address. You European guys have an unfair advantage.
9) In The unlikely event of a tie, the NEWER coin wins! Hey, It took lesser time to travel the distance.
10) If mileage is disputed, I will use the locations provided in the disputed post and use google earth to determine distance. I then will have the final say.

Much the best!

The only issue with this is all the Chinese cash coins found in areas like PA...

What East coast state is closest to China?

<°)))>{

Oh Hell! I found an Australian penny back 4yrs ago right up on top of a West Michigan sand dune! What it was doing there is beyond me...Got a damn kangaroo or wallaby on it I think, smaller than a normal penny even if I remember right......
If I can just find it in my junk box, and do a pic and write up, I'm freaking golden for that succulent half!! Unless some Northern Canadian Inuit logs in with a coin from Mars...! So dont waste your time Brothers!:laughing:
Mud

(Oh bleep! I just reread the rules..nevermind....as you were gentlemen!):laughing: Sort of glad I dont have to try to find it all over...but if I did, and tossed it out in the yard, would that qualify?

Although, there is this one specific totlot I hunt that has given up all sorts of foreign coins in the past...euros, barbados, all sorts of swahili things..even an iranian of some sort...heading right there tomorrow! Thanks for the contest Fire..this should be cool!

Oh Hell! I found an Australian penny back 4yrs ago right up on top of a West Michigan sand dune! What it was doing there is beyond me...Got a damn kangaroo or wallaby on it I think, smaller than a normal penny even if I remember right......
If I can just find it in my junk box, and do a pic and write up, I'm freaking golden for that succulent half!! Unless some Northern Canadian Inuit logs in with a coin from Mars...! So dont waste your time Brothers!:laughing:
Mud

(Oh bleep! I just reread the rules..nevermind....as you were gentlemen!):laughing: Sort of glad I dont have to try to find it all over...but if I did, and tossed it out in the yard, would that qualify?

Although, there is this one specific totlot I hunt that has given up all sorts of foreign coins in the past...euros, barbados, all sorts of swahili things..even an iranian of some sort...heading right there tomorrow! Thanks for the contest Fire..this should be cool!

Mud, I have to stay impartial, but deep down I hope you win! Love reading your posts!

1958 D dime, minted in Denver, found today in racine WI 1054 miles:D

Attachments

• 3-11-16 Rosie reverse.jpg
    3-11-16 Rosie reverse.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1,128
I guess us guys that live on the east/west coasts have a little advantage here. Anyway, found in Sicklerville NJ, a 1942s mercury dime. From San Francisco to here is approx. 2,915 miles

Attachments

• 1942a.jpg
    1942a.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 962
  • 1942b.jpg
    1942b.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 939
Here are my 4 Russian 10 Kopeck coins found yesterday.
From Miami to Moscow (Bank of Russia) 5,616 miles.

Attachments

• 20160313_170752.jpg
    20160313_170752.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 969
  • 20160313_170833.jpg
    20160313_170833.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 869
Yeah! Felix has pretty much got this! Modern dates and from Russia! Our only hope is an Aussie! or possibly Phillipines?....I dont like the thought of hiking up in those dunes to see if that one I found years ago had a brother...doubtful...funny that I can still remember the exact spot though...but its a hell of a hike...I'd be better off sniping totlot clad and buying one from the LCS...still, who knows what the next ping will be?:laughing:
Mud

My entry is my 1943 Australian Penny minted in Perth Australia. it is roughly 11,290 miles from the mint.

Heres that Aussie penny I found several years ago I was telling you about...I 're-found' it in my treasure box today...I know it doesnt count, but if it did, I would beat Wilddigger by a few miles and a newer date! Yippee for Meeee!:laughing:
Mud

Attachments

• aus-1.jpg
    aus-1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 855
  • aus -2.jpg
    aus -2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 873
1942 Indian Rupee. - Mint marks, dot or diamond for the Bombay mint at bottom of the lotus flower at the bottom of the reverse. Found in Topeka Kansas.

Attachments

• S reverse.jpg
    S reverse.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 872
Thai one baht found in metro atlanta. Minted at the bureau of the royal Thai mint in Pathum Thani Thailand, a distance of 9101 miles.

ae4b685a0ee9665d580e15a733936aed.jpg
6a20b1a0982d5e3ae4807dbfe6cb0c57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom