What is your favorite Pin Pointer ??????

Astronut

Of all the pin pointers on the market today what is your favorite pin pointer to use and why? Pros and Cons of all the other pin pointers you have used for those that have had more than one brand pointer. Thanks
------------------
Bill :feedback:

Joee5 this person is new to forum. Plus they are 75 years old. I think that should give them a little leeway. After all this is the FREINDLY METAL DETECTING FORUM. I do not mean this to be sarcastic in any way. But some times we all need to take a step back and smell the roses.

Good question Bill. I am also in the hunt for pin pointers. We have 3 of the junk/falsing Pro Pointers (problem occurred after warranty) and want to try a different brand. I coated the wires in them and they work better, but...... If the falsing pin pointers were vehicles, they would have had a recall!! Know the Carrot has a lot of followers, but bad taste in my mouth with the 3 junkers.

Joee5 this person is new to forum. Plus they are 75 years old. I think that should give them a little leeway. After all this is the FREINDLY METAL DETECTING FORUM. I do not mean this to be sarcastic in any way. But some times we all need to take a step back and smell the roses.

I was being friendly and I stated to do a search for it using the search feature. That ain't helpful then what is?
BTW, I hate roses. :cool:

joee5; I ask the question because I did read a few of them and did not see much but about 1 or 2 pin pointers. There are more than that and was hoping to hear from those who have had different makes over the years and there opinions of them and pros and cons they experienced using them. I am going to get one shortly and do not want to keep switching. Thanks to those who responded. I hope more chime in with there PROS & CONS.
------------------------
Thanks again

Bill :feedback:

I was being friendly and I stated to do a search for it using the search feature. That ain't helpful then what is?
BTW, I hate roses. :cool:

I wanted to suggest the same when I first read the first post. Google and site keyword searchs gives tons and tons of feedback. The mods should really make an emboldened stickie, "Best pinpointer." Sure would save site space. Just sayin'

Googling would fill a stadium with threads.

Well I will tell you what If a person can not come to this forum and ask a simple question without several people get an attitude I sure do not need this
and for those two I did search the forum and did not find out that much or I would have not ask the question. Thanks to the ones that did answer with what they felt was there best they use.

I guess there are those who are around to criticize others who try to learn from experienced individuals who have opinions on there equipment and are willing to share it with others who are learning.

Do not worry I will find other places to get information and do not have to be
chastised asking a question for knowledge.

Have a good day I know I will

Just my opinion, but if everyone with a question has to look through the forum for their answer, it could take a lot of time.

Treasure Mate would false and have to be shut off and re-balance.

White's Bullseye 2 it almost had to be against the target.

PistolProbe it is bulky and not loud enough.

Garrett's Pro Pointer they screw up and have to be returned to be fixed.

White's TRX does the best that I have tried.

Well I will tell you what If a person can not come to this forum and ask a simple question without several people get an attitude I sure do not need this
and for those two I did search the forum and did not find out that much or I would have not ask the question. Thanks to the ones that did answer with what they felt was there best they use.

I guess there are those who are around to criticize others who try to learn from experienced individuals who have opinions on there equipment and are willing to share it with others who are learning.

Do not worry I will find other places to get information and do not have to be
chastised asking a question for knowledge.

Have a good day I know I will

Welcome to forum, now take a big, deep breath. hold it. now let it out slowly. feel better? Nobody was being rude with you. If you got asked the same question almost every single week, wouldn't you start getting a LITTLE tired of constantly repeating yourself?

The only thing a couple members did was to say that there are countless pages of answers to this already around. You searched and didn't find exactly what you wanted, and you asked the question. Thats fine, no problems at all.

I will warn you though, if the responses you didn't like have upset you so much that you would leave the forum, never to return, then you might want to avoid the internet completely. Things get way, WAY worse than suggestions to do a search for something.

Good luck, and happy hunting! I hope you have weather good enough to hunt in, many of us don't have the luxury at the moment.

One of the initial tenets of this Forum was to help newer members.

Please keep comments Friendly or keep them to yourselves!

My favorite was the Tiny Tec (no longer made) but the best I have used is the TRX.

Hehe.. If we just told everyone to "do a search" we might as well lock down the forum, remove the "post reply" buttons and call it an archive since pretty much every question has already been answered at some point. I see people saying the same thing all the time on my own site and I've never understood it. In the same amount of time it takes to type out the "you should have searched" message you could have just as easily posted a helpful answer. Also, the text in these messages takes up very little (almost not even measurable) space in the database, so no concern there.

Anyway, to answer the question: As for stand alone pinpointers I like the Propointer AT.

Like I said before I did go back thru a lot of threads on pin pointers with search and I thought maybe there would be other opinions on pin pointers. I did not post to get anyone upset about a question that had been ask before. Everyone has a different opinion on what they use pro and con.
I want to buy one pin pointer that has a good performance and comes recommended by those who use them. At over a $100.00 for one it can get expensive to keep switching pin pointers.
Thank you to the individuals who responded with there opinions it is appreciated.
I never intended to stir up the pot by asking what I thought was a reasonable question for my knowledge to make a good choice.
I enjoy this forum and have learned a lot by reading what those with knowledge post.
When I had my other detectors one was a Radio Shack? that tells you how long ago that was there were few pin pointers then to play with. So this is all new to me and learning is knowledge. Thanks
------------------
Bill :sorry:

When I had my other detectors one was a Radio Shack? that tells you how long ago that was there were few pin pointers then to play with. So this is all new to me and learning is knowledge. Thanks
------------------
Bill :sorry:

I remember when Whites introduced the first electronic pinpointer. I had been using the old brass "ice-pick" probe for so long I thought they were a waste of money. The pinpointers today make those old first-gen ones seem like bad toys.

For most bang for the buck, Deteknix X-pointer for $89. I get close depths as the Carrot, plus or minus 3".

For most features and waterproof, Garretts Propointer AT(Carrot). $127

Splitting the difference is the Garretts Propointer II, $110.

TRX is nice, really deep but I miss the side detection, plus it costs more.

Seems that most people are high on the Carrot. I own them all, plus a couple different ones. The X-Pointer would be my advice for a new hunter at $89.

I'm sorry if I came off pointed before.

***Disclaimer on 3" depths. That's using a nickel. Pointers seem to like nickels for some reason. Dimes and pennies range at 2+ inches.

Back
Top Bottom