New England Detector Co.

Jason-NEK

I have a question for all of you that use the New England Detector Company for all of their metal detecting needs. I recently ordered and paid for some new equipment from this company. My order was taken by the company online, and my receipt was emailed back to me the very same day. I placed my order on the 16th of April, and today is the 22nd of May and I have yet to receive my order in the mail. I emailed the company 5 times now and I have called 4 times and still no response from anyone. Their 1-888-734-1544 number only rings to a computer answering machine that says that their answering system is currently being upgraded to ensure better customer service in the future, and that all orders should be finished online and any communications should be done via email to their company. Im up against the wall here and only want to be told why my current order still says processing when I check it by signing into my file with them online. Is anybody on here employed at the company that I could email directly with my questions? And yes I have checked to see if the product is on delay and it is not listed as delayed on their homepage.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Common complaint with them. That's why I don't deal with them anymore. Stop payment if you can and call Bart or Marcus or one of the others.

Sorry to hear

I'm sorry to hear this but not at all surprised as JohnH stated it is a common complaint against them. Their prices are usually really good but their shipping and communication leaves a lot to be desired. I'm surprised the Better Business Bureau hasn't been involved.
A few have had good experiences with them but most on here have had the opposite.

I won't say anything else except to find out more just type in "New England Detectors" into the search and you'll see what I'm talking about.

SD

I'm sorry to hear this but not at all surprised as JohnH stated it is a common complaint against them. Their prices are usually really good but their shipping and communication leaves a lot to be desired. I'm surprised the Better Business Bureau hasn't been involved.
A few have had good experiences with them but most on here have had the opposite.
I won't say anything else except to find out more just type in "New England Detectors" into the search and you'll see what I'm talking about.
SD

I seriously doubt most customers have a bad experience with NED, you just see more negative posts than good ones. Also, this is the busy season, and Diggers made it busier than ever.

I finally got my item from them even though they said it was shipping the day after my order. They got around to sending it out after almost a week. I had no other choice than to post on here. Beware there are a few that defend them no matter what anyone post. Some say you only read negatives about dealers but that's not true. I have seen a lot of positive on most of the sponsors on here... Other than this one. I heard the guy that owns NED is really nice but he has several companies and something is going on with him where he is dropping the ball lately....

This is why I am willing to pay $4-5 extra and have better service. They have great prices but its seems like a !!!! shoot on when you will get your item. Communication? They don't know what that is.... I sent multiple emails, calls, and even PM on this forum and others. No response to any of them.

My suggestion is cancel your order and call Metaldetectorspot or Myers Metal Detctors.
If a minelab is what you are wanting call Bart at Big Boys. Those three guys get things done fast and at great prices! All three are very friendly too!

Ps I am sure some NED fanboy will be on here to tell you how impatient you are being like they did me... To that person before he even post... April to June? Really ? See a pattern here? No answers?? See a pattern ?? Thanks...

I had a similar issue, but I was able to get in contact with them through the Detecting America forum. Pretty disappointed because i waited three weeks without any contact or communication (despite numerous tries similar to the OP) only to find out my items were on backorder from the manufacturers.... Personally, I would have modified the site not to accept orders for items not in stock. That said, i can see how it could get ugly really quick if you're fulfilling orders and getting inventory on a regular schedule and then suppliers quit shipping, that's a recipe for a bad situation. Rationally, I get it, but I wish it was handled better. Will I do business with them in the future? Probably not...

Didn't say most customers

I seriously doubt most customers have a bad experience with NED, you just see more negative posts than good ones. Also, this is the busy season, and Diggers made it busier than ever.

I didn't say most customers I said "Most people on here" I wouldn't claim something I don't know, he could be going way above and beyond with everyone else but that is NOT the case here. I agree that a lot of people focus on negatives but that doesn't seem to be the case on this forum, people are actually trying to benefit others with accurate (at least in their estimate) information. If you doubt this then use the search function and type in NED and see what the majority of the comments are about and not just by one person. Now type in Bart at Big Boys Hobbies and see what the majority are about, then Colonial, Indian and the rest of the sponsors.

If you've had good experience with him that is awesome and I'm truly happy for you, I truly am but like it or not you are of the minority on this forum if you have.

I honestly wish this forum had a feedback poll for all of the sponsors like they do for members as I think it would eliminate a lot of these threads but then if they did it would be like biting the hand that feeds you I guess.

These are only MY observances not gospel so take it for what it's worth

SD

From what I've seen, this is a very common complaint against them. But I've seen plenty of good as well. However I have stopped attempting to do business with them.

I tried calling to place orders a few times last year. Never received a return call.

There are other good vendors here that want your business.

Thanks for all your input about what I should think about in the future. I have gotten a hold of Andrew, owner of NED, and he is currently looking in to my order and ringing a resolution to resolve this situation with my order. Thanks again for all of your great responses I only hope that their company continues to improve and not go downhill in the future times.

I'm glad

Thanks for all your input about what I should think about in the future. I have gotten a hold of Andrew, owner of NED, and he is currently looking in to my order and ringing a resolution to resolve this situation with my order. Thanks again for all of your great responses I only hope that their company continues to improve and not go downhill in the future times.

Jason,
I'm glad you finally got ahold of someone to get it resolved. I'm with you on hoping they improve because he has some really good prices.
Make sure you let us know what the outcome is when it's all said and done

SD

I too hope it will be fixed because they have great prices. If they can turn the customer service and timelines around they would be hard to beat price wise.

I've tried to explain this to Andrew many times.....I hope it sinks in.

Busy, smaller shop, cheaper prices, may not bend over backwards overall leshe and pro pointer order, when there are 3 Etracs, an excalibur, and 2 ATPROs every day. Pay 20% more and call Kellco , Cabellas, or Bass Pro shop. I never will, if I can help it.

Used em a few times early on and had some very strange communication bungles but now go with Indian Nations Detectors. Glad to hear your item got sorted out.

Busy, smaller shop, cheaper prices, may not bend over backwards overall leshe and pro pointer order, when there are 3 Etracs, an excalibur, and 2 ATPROs every day. Pay 20% more and call Kellco , Cabellas, or Bass Pro shop. I never will, if I can help it.

They're actually getting less busy. I referred a certain amount of people there. 2/3rds got mad at me for doing so. And with these detector shows off the air for now, you don't see the madhouse posts from people trying to get an ATPRO delivered in six hours. Not that i use KC. But that is why they have some people working there that don't know how to metal detect. No calls in sick to work from some park full of silver. So far 100% i referred to Bigboys and Indian nations haven't got mad and quit talking to me. Just sayin'!

Don't you love it? Businesses are dying left and right and this company is doing the one thing that should NOT be done in the 2013 technology world.

=== Bad Customer Service. I bought from them and got good deals and no problems. How tough can it be running a business dealing with online orders? Get the order, get the box and ship out, can't be any easier. I could run this business in my house, the only problem is if the companies are not sending the material or the owner lacks cash to stock up on product.

Hope they fix it because word travels fast and once you get a bad rap on this internet your finished.

Bart does a great job and I think he's always on the email responding back to you.

Back
Top Bottom