Lefty Lesche!

andrewjames

Forum Supporter
Remember those green handled scissors that they gave all the left handed kids in elementary school? You also probable remember that they didn't work any better than the red handled right handed scissors! I wish I would have known this wasn't the case with a digging tool some 22 years later! I was quick to purchase my lesche after seeing rave reviews and seeing every plug cut with one on the Youtube videos we all watch for inspiration. It wasn't until my first 100 plug day that I realized I was working against myself using a right handed Lesche! I have since purchased the left handed version (no it doesn't have a green handle, that'd be too funny!) and have greatly reduced my wrist fatigue and am more willing to dig a iffy signal. If you haven't bough one yet... your wrist will thank you! If you are wondering the Lesche in the picture with the red handle is the Left handled version (ironic isn't it?)

Attachments

• IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 910
Didn't you notice Terry has red and I have the black? I thought Terry would have mentioned that. We had a long talk about our Lesche diggers one afternoon over coffee. Now you have a backup in case you lose one when you are doing the happy dance over all those good finds your are accumulating! :)

I never knew there was a difference. I just received mines last week and it has a red handle, and I'm right handed haha. Funny cuz Amazon never offered a left or right option and I never thought about it, but heck I didn't have a problem using it. ohh man.. this rookie keeps learning stuff everyday haha..

I never knew there was a difference. I just received mines last week and it has a red handle, and I'm right handed haha. Funny cuz Amazon never offered a left or right option and I never thought about it, but heck I didn't have a problem using it. ohh man.. this rookie keeps learning stuff everyday haha..

That's the one odd thing about the sellers of the Lesche. You literally have to be specific about getting one with the serrations on the left side, which makes it a natural right handed digger BTW, else it's like clockwork,,,you will get a left handed Lesche. I've never understood why that is. I probably voided my warranty, but I cut notches on the left side myself. Well, I had my brother do it. It just sucked too much learning to cut CCW. martin

or ya could of cut serrations on the other side yourself or taken it to a machine shop or i'm sure anyplace that has a cutting wheel (auto body shop) could of done it for ya.

i got a red handled one for left handed peps and im a righty grrrrr hope they send me a new one !

Hmmm...I just found this pics on a detector site, maybe they both ship in the color red now? So which one is the right handed person version? (one on the right side?) I have to look at what side the cuts are on mines when I get home to see if I got the correct one.

LescheDiggerChoice.jpg

Hmmm...I just found this pics on a detector site, maybe they both ship in the color red now? So which one is the right handed person version? (one on the right side?) I have to look at what side the cuts are on mines when I get home to see if I got the correct one.

LescheDiggerChoice.jpg

if your right handed and cut your plugs clockwise you want the serrations on the left side of the blade

the double serration cuts great.....

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 750
The right handed one should have a green handle (starboard), red (port) "get it..."LOL

ya think it would be that easy,, the one i got the other day is for lefties no wonder i couldnt cut with it dohhhh just sent a email ned is sending me a righty wooot !

ya think it would be that easy,, the one i got the other day is for lefties no wonder i couldnt cut with it dohhhh just sent a email ned is sending me a righty wooot !

I'm confused... so skeeterbait... the OP and others seem to be saying the opposite, so the lefty one is yours pictured below with the blade cuts on the left side?? :?:

attachment.php

If you hold the Lesche in your right hand and look down the serrations should be on the LEFT side this is the one for right handed people. Right handed folks cut clockwise right to left therefore needing a left side serration. If you are left handed you need right side serrations. from NED

Back
Top Bottom