My first gold ring!

BaldAssCat

Elite Member
AND IT FITS!

babyRing.jpg

Ok, nothing to write home about. It still counts though.

I've been taking a page from Cellrdwellr's book and hitting the lakes while the water's low. I've been getting out at lunch a few times a week for about 20 minutes at a shot so it's taking some time to get through the spot I found but it's been pretty good so far.

One thing I've learned is that the good people around here have bad taste in jewelry, as shown below. Not shown is the pounds and pounds of fishing weights, pull tabs, bottle caps and other junk.

I didn't weigh anything yet but I really haven't found enough to make cashing in worth while yet either. Here I have the tiny 14k ring, an eagle silver ring, a junk grim reaper ring (yes I include that in the good finds) and a lonely 1964 dime.

rings.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Congratulations on that very pretty small gold ring with blue stone and the rest. Good work.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

After a little cleaning it turns out the other ring was better though. It's a Black Hills Gold Onix ring. Nothing I'd wear but my son claimed it.

BlackHillsGold.jpg

Nothing to write home about? I beg to differ! Beautiful gold ring, looks like maybe a Tanzanite stone. All are very nice finds, congratulations!

Thanks!

After a little cleaning it turns out the other ring was better though. It's a Black Hills Gold Onix ring. Nothing I'd wear but my son claimed it.

View attachment 459588
Oh wow that really cleaned up nice and I think it's somewhat attractive, but looks wise I still prefer the childs ring. Congrats again.

Don

Nothing to write home about? I beg to differ! Beautiful gold ring, looks like maybe a Tanzanite stone. All are very nice finds, congratulations!

Thanks! I should mention that it's on my pinky in that first pic. I'm not positive about the stone myself but my daughter votes for sapphire because it's a child's ring, sapphire is relatively cheap and it's a birth stone.

Oh wow that really cleaned up nice and I think it's somewhat attractive, but looks wise I still prefer the childs ring. Congrats again.

Don

I thought so too. It rang up like a zinc so when it came up black like that I assumed it was all silver. After the cleaning I found marks inside the band. 925, 10k, 12k and the jeweler mark from a mom and pop jewelry souvenir shop in SD. The eagle and grape leaves seem to be gold and not just plated like I thought while cleaning.

You should be proud of your 1st gold ring. I hope you find many more. Can you describe the feeling you had when you 1st found it ?

You should be proud of your 1st gold ring. I hope you find many more. Can you describe the feeling you had when you 1st found it ?

Probably like my first gold ring, only right up until I noticed mine was plated! The gold onyx ring turned out to be impressive too! Saaweet!

I think that eagle ring is awesome! Love the design (looks older even though stamped 925 and not sterling) and it seems like it's a honker.

Congrats on gold rings! And I agree that one does fit you well...lol.

Thanks! I thought maybe it would fit my wife's pinky but no luck.

Awesome rings, congrats on the gold and silver rings!

Thanks!

I'll say that I didn't do the gold dance.

It was in the same hole as a dime so I thought I was digging a bottle cap. It was getting dark and I was looking for the bottle cap in the sand so it didn't register for a few seconds when I flicked it aside and picked up the dime under it. After 10 years of finding so many clad rings I was skeptical about it until I got back to the car and looked at it.

My first thought when I saw 14k in the band was "I'll finally get to tell my wife I've found a gold ring, even if it's this tiny one."

For some reason I was more psyched with the other one. I cleaned it mostly because my son was interested in it because he thought it would be cool to wear around. The more I scrubbed it the more gold it got. I guess thinking I had something that was ok and realizing it was way better had more impact.

I think that eagle ring is awesome! Love the design (looks older even though stamped 925 and not sterling) and it seems like it's a honker.

Thanks! It's not solid under the stone so not too heavy but the gold bits make up for that in my opinion. It's an old design from the gold mining days in SD and from what I can see it's still pretty popular so no telling when it was made for sure. The company that made it is still in business though.

Really nice rings congratulations!

Thanks!

Nice ring! Congrats on the gold!

Thanks!

Very nice, I like both of those...

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom