Minelab 1000 v NOX 800 which one

botics

Which detector do you recommend for beach use for gold in Florida. I have a CTX 3030 but wondering if I should buy a Minelab 1000 or NOX 800.
My understanding is the Minelab is strictly a gold detecting unit.

What is your opinion?

Excalibur will find it all, if you think anything is a gold only unit think again. Doubt you will find much with either that the Ctx will not get. It is a top of the line discriminator and your best bet at a “gold only machine”

Depending on where you hunt, the 800 can be used everywhere as well as the Excal but the preference would be the 800 for multiple locations, beach, field, park etc.
In the water the Excal would also be my suggestion but I have used the Excal dry and wet sanding too.
Recovery speed is faster on the Nox when nulling over an undesirable target. Good luck!

for on beach Excalibur ii better than the ctx3030? I was curious since everyone loves the NOX 800 but have read the Minelab 1000 gold monster is a great unit... Totally lost.

Gold monster is a prospecting vlf, no good for the beach unless you stay in the dry and like digging specs of aluminum. Ctx is a good beach machine and so is the excal and nox. I would suggest reading up on each and what makes them good beach machines. Bbs, pulse, water proofness, ect.

Again man, what’s wrong with the Ctx? Is it still under warranty? I understand it’s water resistant ability is sub par to excal but so is the nox. If it is still under warranty then you already have a great beach machine.

I don’t see a lot of guys swinging the Ctx but I do see a few. Some top notch hunters use them. My understanding is they discriminate very well, a bit above my pay grade or I could tell you more. Lol

CTX has been a great unit... Just curious with the newer processing speed of 800 if it made sense to buy one. Going out tomorrow if weather permits on sandbars with the 17" coil. May use the 6" coil at public beach.

I'm a excalibur user, but if I were hunting shallow in calm water or the wet to drysand I would go Nox. Hard to beat the price and the performance. Rougher or deeper then waist deep I would go the Excalibur, always said the Nox is a better machine stock but you get a hunter that knows his excalibur and a few modifications...Very hard to beat out.

I believe the Nox has you digging more targets........especially small ones. Out of the water the Nox has a clear advantage..... because you can run various modes..... to include shutting off the salt balance or even running single freq or raw gold mode. In the water....... all things are equal there, thou to me the Nox maybe a little more chatty than the Xcal in PP mode. The Nox clearly has a recovery advantage too....... it like using a tiny coil in a trashy park for separation. That can however shorten the tones depending on how you run it. The is a huge price difference if you consider NEW...... but that 3 year warranty over the 1 year for the Xcal is a HUGE factor to consider. One doest seem to have an advantage over the other in the water at this point to me if you are looking for say chains. The Nox does have coil and headphones that you can replace easily and still keep you way under the price of the Xcal ...and thats with out mods done to the Xcal. You do have that large and small coil option too..... and its a multi use machine over the Xcal. I believe the Xcal may have you digging far less trash which can be time consuming.

Repair cost....... coil goes bad, about the same to replace...... you get a leak the Nox has that 3 year warranty. After the warranty is out on both you get a leak...... again it could cost the same to repair or replace the unit/board. On paper...... the Nox anyway you look at it. Results at the end of the year thou maybe the same gold wise.

That guy on Oak Island...what’s his name? He must have access to all Minelab machines, and he hunts in the water with....what was it? That must be a good machine!

Although I have an Excal and a Nox, I had the Excal before the Nox. I got the Nox to act as a Sovereign which I was highly considering for a while for wet sand hunting when the Nox became available and I saw it as filling that niche for me AND being a backup water machine to the Excal. I still prefer the Excal for a pure water hunt but if I am going to do wet sand and some mixed "ins and outs" of the water then I prefer the Nox - especially on a couple of the trashier beaches that I go to. Since you have a CTX I don't see why you would want a Nox? Not much of a difference to for me to justify adding it to the arsenal. I would go with a PI if I were in your shoes for water hunting in Florida. That would give you a backup water machine and a machine with different characteristics - especially for less trashy, open water hunting.

Back
Top Bottom