Drought Broken! Five Ring Day; Gold, Silver, Tungsten, Oh My!

LawrencetheMDer

I’ve been going through a dry spell metal detecting Florida surf and turf, for gold anyways, and it finally ended today. After 2 hrs in the surf, I came across a depression that yielded most of my coins and 3 rings; 1 Tungsten Carbide (King Will) band, 1 silver band and my drought busting 10k white gold band. Later in my 7 hr surf hunt ( I did take a 10 minute lunch break), my good fortune also included a custom “Amanda” engraved silver ring and a Christian ring with cross engraved “Travis Lee Abston” with heart on copper band. [Sorry, ran out of attachments to show 2 non-precious metal rings.]

For me as a Metal Detectorist, rings are a "FIX"; just like drugs are for a Junkie. And I dang near overdosed today...hope to build up a tolerance...
I hunt w a CTX 3030 w 17" coil in the surf, most the time, except when I don't.

Hey Power Ranger 041719.jpg
Hey Power Ranger, give me a hand with all these rings!

10K band 041719.jpg
10k Gold Ring

Silver band 041719.jpg
Silver (925) band

AMANDA ring 041719.jpg
Costume “AMANDA” silver ring

SS Bracelet w Clear stones 041719.jpg
So excited about the five rings, I almost forgot to mention the Stainless Steel bracelet with clear stones I snagged early in the hunt.

Happy Hunting

Gold - 8
Silver - 30
Coins - 2680

:dingding: Congrats on getting out of the slump with a very fine hunt!
[Sorry, ran out of attachments to show 2 non-precious metal rings.]
You can add more! After uploading the 1st set you can just go back and add more.

Great day under a hot sun

Were you in Sarasota yesterday? I saw a bearded hunter Bogarting a spot for over an hour, and it wasn't Dewcon. Lisa from SW hunters was there as well.

Very nice!!! Congrats on a nice hunt! Sometimes it pays off to the patient. I was going through a little dry spell too but sticking with the low spots and possible cuts will yield something.

For me as a Metal Detectorist, rings are a "FIX"; just like drugs are for a Junkie. And I dang near overdosed today...hope to build up a tolerance...

Oh, I get it. A single ring can take a "ho hum" day into a "woooooO!!!!!!" day. The high of gold and silver lasts a while, too.
ESPECIALLY when you go back to the rings and hold them. LOL

Skippy

Gil ....you sure? I saw you talking to the lady in the water. By Time I finished hitting the spot you were heading N. There was a tall lady doing the wet sand. I saw Mike and MArk Deserno and another guy...with a beard. I got there at 5ish and a guy had just finished his night hunt.... he gridded it pretty well before the high tide came in. I think you saw me

Were you in Sarasota yesterday? I saw a bearded hunter Bogarting a spot for over an hour, and it wasn't Dewcon. Lisa from SW hunters was there as well.

Nope. but that does sound like me.
Longest I've been in one small area in the surf at a time is 4 hrs, and I got caught in high tide and had to walk underwater for several yds with a weight belt on through the dip to get back to shore.

Don't bogart that joint [spot in surf] my friend, pass it over to me...

Nope. but that does sound like me.
Longest I've been in one small area in the surf at a time is 4 hrs, and I got caught in high tide and had to walk underwater for several yds with a weight belt on through the dip to get back to shore.

Don't bogart that joint [spot in surf] my friend, pass it over to me...

Everyplace I've detected been has tidal differences of a whopping foot or less. Never had that kind of experience!

Back
Top Bottom