Is my detector good enough

oleblu72

I have a question I have a Whites Eagle Spectrum bought in the mid 90's my question is within the price range of my Eagle Spectrum is my detector good enough or would the new detectors in this price range blow mine into the weeds? Thanks.

Mark

Your machine is very capable of finding the good stuff. :) I have a whites eagle II SL from 1989 that will find coins as deep as my Etrac. The discrimination isn't as good on the eagle but it is a beast. I think your machine will do just fine for its price.....free :)

I think there are 3 things that get you lots of good finds:

1) Getting out there, can't dig from your keyboard! :)
2) Location
3) Digging (Won't find it if you don't dig it, well, most of the time)
47) Equipment

Thanks for the reply's guys. Yeah my Eagle is like brand new its been living in the attic since the mid 90's. In the town where I live there's a couple homes that I know of that date to 1825 the town was founded in the late 1700's. Around the center of town there use to be a large 2 story building that use to be a stagecoach stop then a dance hall and last it was a funeral parlor. Quite a few yrs ago I remember seeing an old boy poking around the green searching with a detector but I think it would be worth it to check it out again. Thanks again.

Mark

A good and honest question. Myself, I have wondered if I was good enough for my detectors at times. ;)

You have a point there old coin I probably fall into that slot just because of not getting out and learning my machine better. My friends parents house which is now a golf course was built in 1825 but I'm still going to ask permission to hunt on it. My other friends parents house is supposed to be the oldest home in the county that I live in if my memory serves me correctly.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom