First Hunt with Sand Shark

Burbank Bob

Forum Supporter
I bought Terry Soloman's Sand Shark about a week ago.. never have used a PI Machine and from the first hunt today (also my first for the year) down at Malibu I got up to speed fast with it.

Easy to tell bobby pins but still got a collection. Very smooth and easy to pinpoint.

Nothing in the wet to speak of .. all this was in the dry sand at Malibu.

The iPod Shuffle was a fresh drop. Have to invest $8 in a cable to see if it works but suspect it does.

Only found 12 cents in clad. Pickings are slim right now. 75 at the beach today and actually hot for a while..

The machine is stable, has a fast swing speed too - it's a keeper for the beach.

Attachments

• sharkfinds.jpg
    sharkfinds.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 702
  • shuffle.jpg
    shuffle.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 674
Congrats on the new detector. You need to get that thing into the wet. Would be curious how it does out there. Was thinking of getting one myself as a spare or loaner.
Good luck out there.

Congrats on the new detector. You need to get that thing into the wet. Would be curious how it does out there. Was thinking of getting one myself as a spare or loaner.
Good luck out there.

I was in the wet for a long time.. just no targets and I did not have a wet suit to get in the water. Way too cold right now to get "waved". :yes:

Sweet!

A $50 Ipod is a pretty good first hunt for the machine on the Pacific side Bob, Congratulations! That machine has found a lot of gold and silver on the Atlantic East Coast, and now it gets to live the fantasy life of a water machine and hunt the Pacific West Coast as well. Here is my first Ipod with the Sand Shark!

Attachments

• firstpod.jpg
    firstpod.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 634
A $50 Ipod is a pretty good first hunt for the machine on the Pacific side Bob, Congratulations! That machine has found a lot of gold and silver on the Atlantic East Coast, and now it gets to live the fantasy life of a water machine and hunt the Pacific West Coast as well. Here is my first Ipod with the Sand Shark!

Nice - I found the Shark really easy to use as you suggested. I did not dig some very faint tones (slight threshold breaks but no definite target) this time and will do some deep planted targets to learn that soon.

Bobby pins are easy to ID with that double beep but I dug em anyway. Need a magnet in my scoop. Spent a lot of time hunting for small bits of junk. ;)

Most likely will get a straight shaft and hip mount soon. It was nice to not have to worry about getting it wet.

Bought Terry's Sand shark

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:Its all down here from here Bob,i have some ocean front property in Arizona,do you want that to :?::lol:,just kidding,Earl

Good to hear about you liking the Sand Shark so far. I am meeting up with Gold Digger tomorrow to buy his SS. Really looking forward to doing some beach searching. Please post more about your SS work as you use it. I would love to hear how it is going.

nice job
I found 2 Ipods bought a cord for 5$ if you check around
they both worked and one belonged to my daughters class mate
she surprised him and gave it back to him

Nice hunt Bob! Does this mean we aren't going to see you on the turf anymore?

I have a Vaquero as well. Wanted to try one for a long time and plan to upgrade to a CTX with my finds this year and no money out of pocket.

Vaquero is reported to be a deep seeking silver missile plus at 17khz will hit on small gold.

I want to get out with you guys as soon as possible after we get back in the state early next month. Want to see what it can do .. do a little side by side with ETrac/CTX etc.

nice hunt Bob,,that SS is a real banger,,,it is super smooth for sure in the water,,,,selling mine right now and think I may miss it,,,,,

Back
Top Bottom