So you think your AT Pro is a Good Detector? Well.....

Patton

Forum Supporter
So do I!:lol:
Bet that title had some of our members blood pumping!:yes: I just got back from about a 4 hour hunt with a borrowed AT Pro. (Thank you pulltabMinor!) I gotta tell you, was very impressed! I hit right at 80 coins for a Clad total of around $5.50. I also hit 3 rings, a Kennedy Half, and a few relics. I can understand why AT Pro owners are so satisfied with this detector. I just used the Coin setting for now. May play around with it tomorrow and tweak it a bit unless pulltab demands I return it!:lol: The only thing I didn't count on was Waterproof Head Phones. With the At being waterproof, didn't even think about it. Do all you AT Pro owners have the waterproof HP's? Just curious. Had the new smaller coil on it, and after some brief instructions from its owner, I had very few problems pin pointing. Bottom line is its a fine detector that I can see me one day owning along with my trusty F2.:yes:
Happy Hunting Everyone!

PS: Just seen the pics. Not sure why so blurry. Sorry everyone.

Attachments

• 100_0642.jpg
    100_0642.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 626
  • 100_0643.jpg
    100_0643.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 628
  • 100_0644.jpg
    100_0644.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 633
  • 100_0645.jpg
    100_0645.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 639
  • 100_0646.jpg
    100_0646.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 626
Great story Patton, thanks. Looks like you had a lot of fun. I have had my AT Pro for about one year and it is whooping my butt, it is a tough machine on my property, but I love it.

Nice finds,

Mike

Last edited:
Just think what you could do with the ATPro after a couple of weeks...I LOVE MINE!

Nice rings....do you remember the VDI numbers with the rings?

Patton, the headphones that come with the AT Pro have a waterproof connection, so you can go into water up to your neck. You only need the blue waterproof ones if you are planning on submerging your head.
Great finds btw! What are you waiting on? Get yourself one!

Just think what you could do with the ATPro after a couple of weeks...I LOVE MINE!

I too. I use mine down on the beach also. It works great and so light... Congrats on the finds General, i really like the rings...

Good job General!

I rarely use headphones and have way too much ground to cover to worry about going swimming with my AT yet. Someday maybe.

Hey Patton,, AT PRO all the way, I love mine, and no I don't have the water proof headphone, more bucks. :no: You did get a good coin count. Are you running it in PRO mode? And you did trick me. I was ready to back the AT PRO up. :snapoutofit:

Last edited:
nice hunt Patton! The pro is a great machine! as far as waterproof headphones for water hunting, I have a set of Gray Ghost Underwater HP's that I made to use with mine and I really like them. They are very comfortable. I have only tested them for about a half an hour in a swimming pool though.:lol: As a matter of fact, as of today the atpro is my only machine again. I havent used it in quite a while and I am anxious to get it back out. I have sold everything except for the pro and compadres I have for my boys.

Attachments

• atpro1.jpg
    atpro1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 570
Very nice hunt, Patton!!! At Pro is a great machine, just think if you had one for while what all you'd find. Congrats. HH. Tom

nice hunt Patton! The pro is a great machine! as far as waterproof headphones for water hunting, I have a set of Gray Ghost Underwater HP's that I made to use with mine and I really like them. They are very comfortable. I have only tested them for about a half an hour in a swimming pool though.:lol: As a matter of fact, as of today the atpro is my only machine again. I havent used it in quite a while and I am anxious to get it back out. I have sold everything except for the pro and compadres I have for my boys.
Hey Dale,,, I like them headphone. :wow: Did you have to put the Garrett pluggin on them? :?:

Hey Dale,,, I like them headphone. :wow: Did you have to put the Garrett pluggin on them? :?:

yeah I did buzz. I took the connector off my stock headphones and then resoldered the connection and epoxied it back together onto the GG hps. I wanted them to look factory. an easier way to do it would be to buy the headphones adapter and cut and splide the wire onto the GG underwater hp's and heat shrink your connection good to make sure its waterproof. It would work just as well and be a whole lot easier, I just didnt like the way it looked as I had saw some for sale that were done that way.

Hey Patton. I enjoy reading your posts so you did make me say to myself,WHAT, when i saw the subject.:p I love both my ATs and do alot of water hunting. I don't have the waterproof headphones yet but i rarely have an erge to stick my head under anyway. Congrats on the finds. Good post.:D

Get you an AT to back up them F2s when its raining. The Pro aint perfect but it does a lot of things well. I like mine and when I put it in the truck along with all my other gear I feel very confident that I have as good a chance of bringing home the goods as anyone. Good post Patton. HH

Sonny.

Nice digging there Patton.....that's a lot of stuff for your first hunt out with that. I have the AT also, and it works good, especially in fresh water.....i use my Etrac for the land .....gonna take the At in the water next week.....nice rings.....:cool:

First of all, congrats on a spectacular hunt. That's a job well done Sir!

Second, I appreciate you sharing your experience and knowledge of the ATPro since you are normally swinging the F2 (like myself). I have been pondering (even though I'm new to this hobby and just received my F2) which will be my next machine once I am ready to upgrade and I have been advised to contemplate the ATPro since I do want to get a submersible machine as my next MD.

Thanks again!

Enjoyed your post Patton!

Just had my 4th hunt with the ATPro today on some grass and it is very sweet! Had hunted this area generally before and I pulled a number of coins that had been there awhile!

When I get it learned, its gonna be a beast!

Yep, 74, 76, 83. The large ring had registered a 42 at first. Thought for sure it was GOLD. Sadly, no.

Patton, the headphones that come with the AT Pro have a waterproof connection, so you can go into water up to your neck. You only need the blue waterproof ones if you are planning on submerging your head.
Great finds btw! What are you waiting on? Get yourself one!

Ahhhhh! I see!:yes:
Thanks for the info! There's only one thing keeeping me from getting one right now. That would be the lack of this $$$$.:lol:

Hey Patton,, AT PRO all the way, I love mine, and no I don't have the water proof headphone, more bucks. :no: You did get a good coin count. Are you running it in PRO mode? And you did trick me. I was ready to back the AT PRO up. :snapoutofit:

Ha! Ha! I knew you would be one of the AT Pro users Buzz that would probably see that title.:laughing:
No, I kept it in Coin Mode all the way. Perhaps tomorrow I will as they say, experiment.:grin:

Back
Top Bottom