Trashy Beach Hunt

TripWire

Greetings All,

I just finished up a 3 hour beach hunt earlier today with my Fisher CZ-21. The beach had so many large bottle caps, that I couldn't tune them out. I had the DISC at "6". I was able to tune out the smaller bottle caps and what not. Obviously with the DISC set at "6", I was passing over many targets.

Needless to say, I managed 4 coins, at 5 Baht a piece. I think I dug 20-25 targets for each coin.

I think it's time I invested in a sand scoop made for hunting in the water, & try my luck with the fish.

Does anybody have any 2 cents to give on how a CZ-21 compares against the Equinox 800?

I have both but have not compared them yet. I'm still learning the Nox, in fact both of them if I want to be truthful. I see them as tools for a different purpose at this time. I don't know that either will totally replace the other. I'm willing to hear differently though.

Cliff

I have both but have not compared them yet. I'm still learning the Nox, in fact both of them if I want to be truthful. I see them as tools for a different purpose at this time. I don't know that either will totally replace the other. I'm willing to hear differently though.

Cliff

Gotta agree with Bayou... I have both machines and use the NOX for dry/wet sand as well as shallow water hunting. When I get serious about getting wet or a lot of the wet sand has black sand in it I go to the CZ-21. Each has its pros and cons and both work exceptionally well. Which is better... the better question is which are better under what conditions.

I have both and good experience on both. My take....The CZ is great for serious water hunts / snorkeling or deeper. It can take a beating / get smashed around in the surf. Crank the discrimination down and go for the gold!!!! The NOX can do it all....great machine and handles the salt water very well. Don't have any qualms with the performance....just not sure it can handle the rough surf getting knocked around in the rocks....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I agree that the CZ is built like a tank expect for the lemon that I owned and seemed to be the only hunter that had problems with it. I don't think the CZ can touch the 'Nox on depth and sensitivity. The 'Nox's battery compartment is sealed and rechargeable - a big drawback for the CZ.

Back
Top Bottom