A first.....

SeabeeRon

"Can Do" Moderator
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
....and it's not a find.
Went to my usual beach about 4:00 this afternoon for a little swing time. It was a really beautiful day to be on the sand, still lots of folks sunbathing. (sorry guys, didn't have my camera! :D) I was having a bit of luck in the clad department, jewelry pick'ns been kinda slim of late. When I hunt the beach when it is still kinda crowded I always allow plenty of "personal" space for the beach goers and try not to swing too close to them. Had my head down watching where my coil was going when I hear something other than a "beep-beep" through my headphones. I look up and a ways ahead of me some lady is hissing at me..."Go away, go away, scavenger, damn scavenger!" :(:?:
I was kinda shocked, but I just smiled and said "Have a nice day!" (of course in my mind I had more colorful words for this hag!:mad::p) Went on my way and warned another beach detectorist away from that area! Below is a pix of my nut, about $3 bucks in clad is all. She didn't ruin a beautiful day on the beach!!:D:cool:

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 450
Bummer.. You did right and just wish her a good day.. Usually folks are curious but cool with what I'm doing.. Oh well to her..

Bruce

Takes all kind Ron. That is why I like to do the beach right around sunrise. Nobody there but us hunters and fishermen. :)

I don't like detecting on a crowded beach, i tend to wait for people to leave arround 7-8pm but with the way things are at the moment at 10pm people are still there only not so many

That sucks seabeeron, I wish people didnt act like that. Its not like were hobbits looking for change to live off, my god. Some people, haha I dont know what I would have said to that woman, I might have went off.

Good clad count Ron. One good thing about the dry sand is the coins are nice and clean. As for the hissing lady, you did the right thing. ( even if you REALLY wanted to express your inner feelings) Good Luck, Jim

Haha, I couldn't tell if that blue thing was a little blue plastic heart ring, or a Barbie shoe...

Nice haul.... Those type people only know bitterness... they are to be pitied. I smile and ignore them.. p**ses them off.... RickO

Ed Zachary's disease?

Having never been introduced the good Dr. Chang, I would like to hear more about Ed Zachary's disease.
...why do I have the feelin I just stepped in it with both feet?...

i have to give you credit, i can only imagine how hard it had to be to not give that ignorant hag a piece of you mind. although, that would be wasting good swingin time

SeaBeeRon- you did the right thing. Made a sweet comment and kept the situation de-fused. She must have thought she owned the whole beach?? wonder what she would do if someone put down a towel or blanket 3' or closer to her spot?

Back
Top Bottom