• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Big Silver Day 1st Morgan

TNTGross

Elite Member
So... Today, after I got done at one of my customers' houses, I stopped to hunt some of the three-acre woods in front of her house. Last week I found a 1918 penny along with a couple of shotgun shell ends in those woods.

I wasn't expecting to find much, but then the Nox rang up 39-40. It was about a foot deep, and I dug up a 1901 O Morgan Silver Dollar. First for me!

I hunted the place for another half hour and found a REM UMC Notro Club 20 shotgun shell end. Found out later, they were made from 1913 to 1915.

After I got home and washed up, I went out again to a church curbside a few blocks from the house. Found a pile of clad, a 63 Rosie, 41 Merk, and a 52 wheat penny.

This makes 2 Three Silver days in a row.

Attachments

• 3-14-19 Hunt (2).jpg
    3-14-19 Hunt (2).jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 532
Thank you... And "WOW" is what I said when I pulled it out of the ground. I couldn't believe how big and heavy it was.

So... Today, after I got done at one of my customers' houses, I stopped to hunt some of the three-acre woods in front of her house. Last week I found a 1918 penny along with a couple of shotgun shell ends in those woods.

I wasn't expecting to find much, but then the Nox rang up 39-40. It was about a foot deep, and I dug up a 1901 O Morgan Silver Dollar. First for me!

I hunted the place for another half hour and found a REM UMC Notro Club 20 shotgun shell end. Found out later, they were made from 1913 to 1915.

After I got home and washed up, I went out again to a church curbside a few blocks from the house. Found a pile of clad, a 63 Rosie, 41 Merk, and a 52 wheat penny.

This makes 2 Three Silver days in a row.

Wow nice hunt.

Congrats! I would love to find a Morgan dollar. I have not had a multiple silver day in a while. Here lately it's been one or none.

Congrats! I would love to find a Morgan dollar. I have not had a multiple silver day in a while. Here lately it's been one or none.

Thank you. I hope you find one too. I never thought I would. That's one of those coins other people find, and I envy.

:goodluck:

Congratulations on your first Morgan! And, to top it off, it's your second 3-silver day in a row?! :shock: Amazing hunt! :woot:

Awesome finds, really hoping for a Morgan this season, got my peace dollar last year. Welcome to the silver dollar club, and good luck on your return trip!

Awesome Morgan!

I actually got a 40 vdi yesterday but gave up digging on it. It was getting dark and needed to get home. I had never seen "40" my Nox before that. Surprised the heck out of me. I may need to revisit that signal.

Back
Top Bottom