Few questions about a large coil on the Etrac?

Rawhide

Elite Member
Does anyone have any experience with Cors Coils?

I figured since I was gonna blow my arm out I might as well go big. I need ground coverage but was wondering about depth. Does the large 15x17 get decent depth? What depth are folks finding targets?

Sensitivity was not a issue. I want to find a meteorite. I also want to use the coil for finding old camps and such. I wonder what folks also use the coil for? I have always wanted to find a cache.

Last, does anyone have a idea of what depth you will get on a silver coin also?

Should be here next week, looking forward to putting it through the paces.

I have a Cors, but it's the small one, and I already have a 8x6 SEF so I've only used it one time, But my point here is to make sure you are aware the Cors and the Nel are the same coil. Since Nel has been available in the US longer, you may want to edit your post to include feedback on the Nel as well.

For what it's worth, I have the Ultimate 13, and while it won't cover as much ground, it's substantially lighter and deeper than the stock coil, so it balances the machine better too.

I have a Cors, but it's the small one, and I already have a 8x6 SEF so I've only used it one time, But my point here is to make sure you are aware the Cors and the Nel are the same coil. Since Nel has been available in the US longer, you may want to edit your post to include feedback on the Nel as well.

For what it's worth, I have the Ultimate 13, and while it won't cover as much ground, it's substantially lighter and deeper than the stock coil, so it balances the machine better too.

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the Ultimate felt on your V3i too Craig. I’ve got an Ultimate on my Explorer2 as well and it’s a nice setup! Something WAY big might be more of a hindrance unless your area is wide open.

Back
Top Bottom